You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Who's your dream replacement for Robin?

BLS-Pride wrote:

John 5.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

That is not problem, guitar players do that in NIN all the time

The band dynamics between NIN and GNR are two different worlds. It should be anyway.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

DCK wrote:

That is not problem, guitar players do that in NIN all the time

The band dynamics between NIN and GNR are two different worlds. It should be anyway.

Yeah, NIN doesn't have guitar players recording on albums (except for Robin on The Slip) and in Pretty Hate Machine's insert it says "NIN is Trent Reznor."

And also, Self-Destruct, Fragility, and now Lights in the Sky tours have all featured Robin on lead guitar. Only the tours for Pretty Hate Machine and With Teeth (there was no official tour for Year Zero) featured someone else on lead guitar (Richard Patrick and Aaron North, respectively). And in the NIN community, which knows and accepts that it's all Trent, even they have a strong preferance to Robin, and feel he is the right guy for the band.

It's very hard to get rid of the image of lead guitarist.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I'm always going to pick myself in topics like this, because I think it would be awesome to play in the band.  Sure, I don't have the technical ability, but it would certainly be a blast.

Who should replace Robin?  Gilby Clarke would be a great replacement.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

The one and only Izzy Stradlin.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Joe Perry.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I know we arn't allowed to say we want Slash or Bucket back...but can I say this?

No replacement for Robin.

It is unnecessary to have 3 guitarists in a band, especially when 1 of them has the versitile skills of say a buckethead or a bumblefoot.

Lets have two guitarists..a rhythm and a lead....

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I know we arn't allowed to say we want Slash or Bucket back...but can I say this?

No replacement for Robin.

It is unnecessary to have 3 guitarists in a band, especially when 1 of them has the versitile skills of say a buckethead or a bumblefoot.

Lets have two guitarists..a rhythm and a lead....

You and others that claim this dont get it. The songs that will be on CD were written with three guitar players in mind thus you need them for the live shows

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

You and others that claim this dont get it. The songs that will be on CD were written with three guitar players in mind thus you need them for the live shows

People always say that.  Yes there are 3 guitars on the tracks. But I see very little evidence of situations where it would be necessary live. The leaks have multiple guitar parts - but so does every album - most albums have loads of guitar overdubs - metallica's black album has like 10 parts on some songs - but they don't bring out an army of people to play "Enter Sandman"

On the leaks Axl sings over the top of himself in harmonies multiple times (especially in Track 2), he also does this in the old studio albums we have, live - he just sings the most obvious line or the strongest line in the mix. This could also be done with the guitar parts.

Like buckets parts in better. Awesome solos overdubbed..the rest of the time he does nothing. If Richard hammers the rhytym parts...there isn't much reason Ron couldn't play robins parts as well as his own live.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^and tommy or someone else doesnt the backing vocals live,,,same with the orig bnad it was either Duff or izzy or later on...gilby

and other bands who use 3 guitarists...Collective Soul and Radio Head...none of those tracks are so insane that they "NEED" 3 guitarists live but they were written that way....axl wanted 3 guitarists back as far as like 1995 so i dont see him all of a sudden changing his mind now that apparently the album is so near completion

Board footer