You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: *Rumor* Frank Ferrer posts album art on Myspace? *Rumor*

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's a possibility, though. Almost all of the artists, and most of the lesser known artists I'm a fan of don't run their own myspace pages because they consider it a marketing tool, nothing more. And some just don't have time to really fool with it. Hell even unsignd bands do it. You'd be surprised how many friends, brothers, sisters, cousins and employees take care of the myspace pages for them.

Artists I've talked to that run their own pages:

M.I.A.
Rye Rye
Cherry
Christina Klebe
Rob Zombie
Gilby Clarke
Persia White
Monica Potter
Pravini
Jody Watley
Switch
Roy Gnan
Yelle
Daeg Faerch
Ebony Bones
Maya Hazen

Thats just off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed a few.

We already know that Bumble, Fortus, and Dizzy run their own myspace pages. Why is Frank different?

Add to that the fact that Frank is VERY small time and nearly as well known as the names you listed.  I think Matt Sorum, a much more well known drummer, runs his own site too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah I think Sorum does as well. He was selling some cool merch on his myspace page recently, but I never talked to him on there.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

More bashing of Fortus, Bumble (who had absolutely nothing to do with this, neither did Fortus), and Frank!

Yay!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ihave no problem with Fortus and Bumble promoting themselves via GNR.

I mean if i was in GNR i'd be screaming to everyone that I'm in GNR! I guess that's just cos its my favourate band...but still...they should be alowed to say they are in GNR.

I don't even have a problem with them not answering questions, as I would guess that isn't their idea...it must either be a gag order from Axl or they are just too afraid of pissing him off cos of his temprement.

But if frank is posting jokes about updates when we never get updates, well that's kinda uncool to fans.

James

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

More bashing of Fortus, Bumble (who had absolutely nothing to do with this, neither did Fortus), and Frank!

Yay!

Care to list all the examples where the above mentioned names didn't use the GNR name for their own self interests?

Never said Bumble or Fortus had anything to do with this. They were used as examples.

BrokenGlassNCigs

James Lofton wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Yay!

Care to list all the examples where the above mentioned names didn't use the GNR name for their own self interests?

Never said Bumble or Fortus had anything to do with this. They were used as examples.

Actually I haven't heard once where for Bumble's new album where he's promoted his record and tour by being in Guns N' Roses. And even if they do, they have a right to it. They are in the band. What's the problem? Contractually they can't answer album-specific questions? Actually Richard AND Bumble have given details about CD in interviews, so there.

James

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Yay!

Actually I haven't heard once where for Bumble's new album where he's promoted his record and tour by being in Guns N' Roses. And even if they do, they have a right to it. They are in the band. What's the problem? Contractually they can't answer album-specific questions? Actually Richard AND Bumble have given details about CD in interviews, so there.

Bumble performing PC at some event when he clearly had nothing to do with it.

Fortus using his GNR status to promote several projects while refusing to say anything about GNR.

Frank promoting Pisser with the name Pisser in microscopic text with a huge GNR banner.

Frank now making CD jokes on his own myspace page.

There's other examples but I'm not digging for them because the ones posted make my point.

No, they don't have a right to do it. Apparently you forgot where Axl bitched about Buckethead using the GNR name to further his own solo career, which he never actually did.

So there.

James

James wrote:

Waaaaaaaaaay off topic, but did you find that other Carlin book yet?

BrokenGlassNCigs

James Lofton wrote:

Haven't looked yet. I should probably just buy it off eBay. I mean, I'll get it cheaper on eBay than from Barnes or Borders. I do feel like shit though for letting my friend borrow Brain Droppings, while I read Pork Chops. Not saying Pork Chops is bad, but you gotta really dig for the humor. I enjoy it though.

James

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Haven't looked yet. I should probably just buy it off eBay. I mean, I'll get it cheaper on eBay than from Barnes or Borders. I do feel like shit though for letting my friend borrow Brain Droppings, while I read Pork Chops. Not saying Pork Chops is bad, but you gotta really dig for the humor. I enjoy it though.

Yeah,Pork Chops wasn't impressive at all to me.

His stuff should be all over Ebay, Amazon,etc. When celebrities die, people usually try to cash in.

Board footer