You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bach talks about Axl on Angel Down

who cares.. they aren't lead vocals, they are duets.

its Axl Rose singing on studio tracks.    Do you always need to look for something negative to bash anyone associated with GnR ?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

who cares.. they aren't lead vocals, they are duets.

its Axl Rose singing on studio tracks.    Do you always need to look for something negative to bash anyone associated with GnR ?

I honestly believe some folks do, yes.

its like going to a party for the purpose of telling everybody it sucks.

most of us are excited and happy about this and it sucks a few people feel the need to piss all over that every chance they get.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's pretty sad when you don't have to look for the negative.  It finds you.

There is and has been no bashing.  All the comments made by me (and others) have been made calmly and given as opinions.  Just because our opinions don't agree with yours' doesn't make them bashing.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's pretty sad when you don't have to look for the negative.  It finds you.

There is and has been no bashing.  All the comments made by me (and others) have been made calmly and given as opinions.  Just because our opinions don't agree with yours' doesn't make them bashing.

There's plenty of people on here that the negative doesn't "find".

I personally don't think you're bashing because you're disagreeing, I think you're bashing because it seems like you're always looking for something negative to say.

You aren't getting it.  I'm not looking.  I don't have to look.  It finds me, it finds a lot of others willing to look at things objectively. 

I know I'm not the minority outside of the gnr world and it's pretty clear that I'm not in the minority within the gnr world.  Most people see it even if they don't want to.  Some people try really hard to ignore it and the rest would never see it no matter what happened.  That is the vocal minority.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Here's the way I see the "nutswingers" and the "whiners".

*no offense intended. Just using those as terms for this discussion*

a nutswinger wishes for positive things to happen so much that even if there's a hint of "negativity", they either deny it exists, or just brush it under the rug and move on to the next topic. Or argue with a whiner.Or they will see something positive in anything(a specific member at mygnr could be mentioned, but I wont).

the whiners have been skeptical for so long, that when something that can even be considered remotely positive happens, that realistic approach kicks in just on instinct.

These two sides can debate rationally most of the time, and the two sides only "unite" when something monumentally positive happens, like the 06 and 07 leaks. Specifically the 06 leaks. It only takes something like the Axl-Slash press release to drive them apart again.

In my opinion, there's not much difference between both sides. Just the approach is different.

I really can't see how this is negative, fine if it's your opinion but I just don't get it.   That was more then backing vocals on Don't Cry, Hoon sang the whole song with Axl and Coopers part was pretty big on The Garden and look at Ain't It Fun with Michael Monroe so this really isn't all that odd.   Even if it's 3 on one album you had Hoon on 2 songs on UYI's and in the video of Don't Cry to boot.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I really can't see how this is negative, fine if it's your opinion but I just don't get it.   That was more then backing vocals on Don't Cry, Hoon sang the whole song with Axl and Coopers part was pretty big on The Garden and look at Ain't It Fun with Michael Monroe so this really isn't all that odd.   Even if it's 3 on one album you had Hoon on 2 songs on UYI's and in the video of Don't Cry to boot.

You're grasping for straws.  Hoon on 2 songs (one you can't even hear and the other as a complimentary voice) out of 30 on an album where other band members sing some songs as well isn't a big deal.  1 solo album (his first in ages) by a guy who's only value to music is his voice gives way to somebody else on at least one song as the lead and some contributions to 2 other songs AND THEN allows the song the other guy sings lead on to be used to promote the album doesn't strike you as being even a little odd?

DTJ, you're usually more open minded then that.  I'm not surprised that some people only see this as a good thing, but I am surprised that you are one of them.  Surely this isn't all doom and gloom, but it isn't some great thing either and the odds of bad consequences far outweigh the good.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer