You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: Mysteron confirms "Shackler's Revenge" as an actual new GN'R song

BurningHills wrote:

Interesting...

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I still don't buy into "last 3 tracks we haven't heard" to be honest.  Who knows what we haven't heard, just a few days ago we made a list (Neemo did actually and some others contributed) of rumoured song titles.  Did "Shackler's Revenge" appear on this list? No.  My point is we have no clue what else may turn up.  Yes there are other leaks that some people have but there are things that have still not been "let out" in any form as well, such as this song we had no clue about.   

Sorry, This I Love, Seven, Shackler's Revenge, Thyme, Ides of March, Something Always, etc etc make up quite a few more than 3 songs we haven't heard.   Granted some of these songs may have been scrapped, names changed or whatever but we have no way of knowing what will be on that 13 track disc or even if it will remain 13 tracks when all is said and done.  AND IF the "trilogy" idea does become a reality the leaks we have heard could be distributed among the three discs.  So I once again say that we have probably heard LESS THAN HALF of what will appear on C.D. proper.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

God I hope this song is really cool....imagine if its full of bad ass riffs and shred with Axl ripping over the top...the reaction and media attention from being sucessful in rockstar2 would be huge I think and have the potential to make the band a LOT of new fans.

Slash has had a lot of play from GH3....this would be similar I think.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

None of the rockers we've heard have disappointed. CD, Riyadh, and Better rank as 3 of the best newGNR songs, and now seeing what I'd assume is a rocker being released in a way that would imply it's the first single from the album, I'm so pumped for this track.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Did "Shackler's Revenge" appear on this list? No.

I think there's a possibility that film score got "lost" because Axl had other ideas for what Bucket was doing on it.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

God I hope this song is really cool....imagine if its full of bad ass riffs and shred with Axl ripping over the top...the reaction and media attention from being sucessful in rockstar2 would be huge I think and have the potential to make the band a LOT of new fans.

Slash has had a lot of play from GH3....this would be similar I think.

We can only assume (of course) but we have enough info to make a strongly educated guess that this is one of Bucket's previous works to be given the "Axl treatment".   Axl's vocals and Bucket's guitar work = pure gold.  If this is indeed a rocker (which is HIGHLY likely) we may be in for the best "new GNR" song yet.  It is also possible (as some have suggested) that this song's introduction will likely appear on this new game relatively close to the release of Chinese Democracy.  Wouldn't it be great to find out there are half a dozen songs or so on the album we haven't heard and most are Bucket/Axl-fueled rockers?  Wishful thinking?...hell yes!

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Did "Shackler's Revenge" appear on this list? No.

I think there's a possibility that film score got "lost" because Axl had other ideas for what Bucket was doing on it.

Strong possibility I'd say.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Don't underestimate the value of being on a game like this. Bucket did it with Jordan, now he sells out all his shows. Of all the bucket shows I've been to, I've never had problems getting tickets until this year. Everyone at the last concert I went to went crazy during Jordan, mostly younger kids. The Crue just did it with Saints, and the downloads from the game outsold the downloads from iTunes. It's the right way to market it.

Also, lemme predict that between Bucket collectors/completists and GNR leakers/hoarders, we get this track way before the game. At least I hope so.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

correct, its currently one of the best ways to get GNR to the younger audience, which is after all, where the cash is....

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

BTW, is anyone considering Mysteron isn't right or isn't in a position to confirm this? 
I don't pay attention: what's his track record?

Board footer