You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R may perform at VMA's

Will wrote:

vma.jpg

Round Two

bucket

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Bri? Any info on what Brain is doing currently?

I sent Brain this e-mail recently:

New GN'R song + work with Buckethead...

Hi man,

Love your work in new GN'R!:)  Recently some new songs were posted and one of them is this song:
[Linked removed so as not to break forum rules.]
we don't know what it's called.  Do you know what it's called?

Also: will you be working with GN'R again in the near future?  Will your friend Mr. Buckethead be working with GN'R in the near future?  You guys ROCKED!!!

Thanks for your help + the tunes,
AR

That was June 28.  So if there's any response from him I'll get back to you.:beer:

You guys had better be right about this BH/Brain thing because come September...action-smiley-060.gif :wtf:  Besides I don't think I can take Plan 3 (a theory I got correct) GN'R going on AFD tour #3 - this time minus Finck.:wtf:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If a single is being launched to coincide with a video game and album release, the AFD rehash era can finally rest in peace.

Brain rarely answers questions like that anymore. You probably wont get an answer, but at least you tried.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

You guys had better be right about this BH/Brain thing

We're just speculating on the status of various CD era members in that VMA time frame. Happens every year.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'll be the naysayer here and predict that there will be no gnr performance at the VMA's this year 16

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If a single is being launched to coincide with a video game and album release, the AFD rehash era can finally rest in peace.

(Yes), because Bucket won't return.:)  AFD will have to be toned down to the major hits (+'Rocket Queen' - the 2002 band ruled at doing that!) or rested entirely.  And with two new songs now out (this time next week three because the videogame is formally unveiled on July 14 someone at mygnr said and we probably will get the song sooner than later) there is no excuse for them not to lay 1987/88 to rest now once and for all.

I was nice to Brain so maybe he will answer.:)  Maybe not....

James Lofton wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

You guys had better be right about this BH/Brain thing

We're just speculating on the status of various CD era members in that VMA time frame. Happens every year.

And if he was to answer I truly think he will say Bucket won't come back.  "The things he (Axl) said were very hurtful" - BH talking to a fan in early 2006 (the fan posted this on HTGTH (IIRC)).

I think we have a mountain of speculation to walk down and Axl/the band have a mountain to climb when they attempt to do this minus the two best guitarists the band/album(s) once had, never mind playing/attempting to play most of their material!

It will be a cover band of both the first GN'R and the first two new GN'Rs (Plan A and B).

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

If the first single is Shackler's Revenge, and if GNR appear at the VMA's then Chinese Democracy will once again have against all odds became relative once more.  If the single ends up being what we hope and even BETTER YET IF BUCKET COMES BACK then not only will C.D. once again be relative it could still be a HUGE event!!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I still don't believe Bucket said that to a fan. He doesn't talk to fans. Unless he taped it, it's B.S.

As for Brain, I checked his site, but there is no appearance schedule on there.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think we're more likely to see Slash than BH at the VMAs with GnR - and I don't think that's going to happen either.  Wishful thinking is taking over the forums...it makes me want to :sick:

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'll be the naysayer here and predict that there will be no gnr performance at the VMA's this year 16

I am going to occupy the seat next to you on the naysayer bus and agree with you.

Axl and GNR do not need MTV.  MTV does nothing for rock musicians these days.  It's all reality tv and other stupid shit.

Board footer