You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R may perform at VMA's

Arcade Roses wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I still don't believe Bucket said that to a fan. He doesn't talk to fans. Unless he taped it, it's B.S.

As for Brain, I checked his site, but there is no appearance schedule on there.

IIRC the fan posted a picture of himself with Buckethead.  They were sat at a round table - Bucket in imposing (and rocking!) yellow suit on the left....  They were outside.  The fan said he talked through himself not Herbie which is rare but said it was because Bucket 'trusted' him....

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think we're more likely to see Slash than BH at the VMAs with GnR - and I don't think that's going to happen either.  Wishful thinking is taking over the forums...it makes me want to :sick:

Wishful thinking makes you sick? That's totally depressing, dude. What's wrong with being optimistic? Sorry, there will be no Slash with GNR no matter how much you wish it--not this year at least.

Arcade Roses wrote:

IIRC the fan posted a picture of himself with Buckethead.  They were sat at a round table - Bucket in imposing (and rocking!) yellow suit on the left....  They were outside.  The fan said he talked through himself not Herbie which is rare but said it was because Bucket 'trusted' him....

I believe he meets fans. Plenty of people have posted pictures of meeting Bucket, but the most fans have gotten out of him is a few grunts and gasps.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think we're more likely to see Slash than BH at the VMAs with GnR - and I don't think that's going to happen either.  Wishful thinking is taking over the forums...it makes me want to :sick:

Wishful thinking makes you sick? That's totally depressing, dude. What's wrong with being optimistic? Sorry, there will be no Slash with GNR no matter how much you wish it--not this year at least.

It makes me sick when a month ago these same people that are jizzing all over themselves were all gloom and doom - suddenly everything is peachy.  In a couple weeks when everything falls through, it will be back to doom and gloom.  You would think that at some point that people would learn.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:

The original thread apparently came from VelvetRope:

"in feb. i met buckethead at tower records in hollywood, he did a free show & a signing. anyway after the whole thing i had a chance to talk to him.  ( no, he didnt talk through the puppet, but he was still wearing his mask & bucket). anyway i asked him why he wasnt in gnr anymore & he sayed " your guess is as good as mine".

i then asked him "i thought you left"? he said "no".

i then asked him about what axl said, he said " he didnt know why he said those things, they were very hurtful", the replied " i didnt want to leave the band".

i asked him if the album was done yet. he said " we recorded a ton of music, but he rarely saw axl there, so he doesnt know how much vocals were down".  he seemed very confused about the whole gnr thing. i felt kinda bad, but i asked him to sign my chinese democracy shirt & he gladly signed it. he was so nice to me & my son. it was my sons b-day, so bucket drew a pic of himself holding a b-day cake & wrote have a happy un birthday, buckethead... i was going to post my experience on another board, but everybody there just attacks everybody & wants to see proof. but this board is very cool, so i hope i didnt bore you guys.  it's a shame he's not in gnr anymore!!!!!!!!"

Two-and-a-half years on, the highlighted part makes me actually think this is bullshit.:thumbup:

Seeing as you seem to know (a lot about) Buckethead... is that vid. of the airport 'arrival' real?  What about the 'rehearsal' where he is unmasked with that fat guy (it's a recent pic).

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It makes me sick when a month ago these same people that are jizzing all over themselves were all gloom and doom - suddenly everything is peachy.  In a couple weeks when everything falls through, it will be back to doom and gloom.  You would think that at some point that people would learn.

So if it doesn't fall through and works out, will you still be sick that people are happy? Or will only a reunion make you happy?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

The original thread apparently came from VelvetRope:

"in feb. i met buckethead at tower records in hollywood, he did a free show & a signing. anyway after the whole thing i had a chance to talk to him.  ( no, he didnt talk through the puppet, but he was still wearing his mask & bucket). anyway i asked him why he wasnt in gnr anymore & he sayed " your guess is as good as mine".

i then asked him "i thought you left"? he said "no".

i then asked him about what axl said, he said " he didnt know why he said those things, they were very hurtful", the replied " i didnt want to leave the band".

i asked him if the album was done yet. he said " we recorded a ton of music, but he rarely saw axl there, so he doesnt know how much vocals were down".  he seemed very confused about the whole gnr thing. i felt kinda bad, but i asked him to sign my chinese democracy shirt & he gladly signed it. he was so nice to me & my son. it was my sons b-day, so bucket drew a pic of himself holding a b-day cake & wrote have a happy un birthday, buckethead... i was going to post my experience on another board, but everybody there just attacks everybody & wants to see proof. but this board is very cool, so i hope i didnt bore you guys.  it's a shame he's not in gnr anymore!!!!!!!!"

Two-and-a-half years on, the highlighted part makes me actually think this is bullshit.:thumbup:

Seeing as you seem to know (a lot about) Buckethead... is that vid. of the airport 'arrival' real?  What about the 'rehearsal' where he is unmasked with that fat guy (it's a recent pic).

I haven't seen the airport arrival vid, but the rehearsal stuff looks like him.

As for that guy's story, if we saw the drawing, I could tell you in less than a second if it was a legit story. Bucket's drawings are very unique. The part where he says "everybody wants to see proof" is a real red flag. But we're way off topic now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Back to insulting everyone again? Should I just create a sticky thread so you can judge us all at your convenience?

You want people to be "doom and gloom" when something actually happens in GNR land? A Bucket track has for all intents and purposes become part of the launching pad, but you think Bucket fans don't have the right to be optimistic?

My optimism isn't going to be stifled just because certain people have Slash posters on their wall.

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I haven't seen the airport arrival vid, but the rehearsal stuff looks like him.

As for that guy's story, if we saw the drawing, I could tell you in less than a second if it was a legit story. Bucket's drawings are very unique. The part where he says "everybody wants to see proof" is a real red flag. But we're way off topic now.

While I agree, I am just surprised you haven't seen the airport arrival vid..  It's very famous.  He arrives to hook up with this new band as their new guitarist.  The vid. is here:

If the rehearsal pic is him as you say - we finally have a pic of Bucket unmasked.  Nothing totally shocking IMHO - he looks very, erm.... *normal*.  Suffice to say he looks pretty young too.:)

Yes, Buckethead does lots of drawings.  I have seen some of them online; a little like 'Borat''s, LOL. But still.  And I think I did see a birthday (or 'un-birthday', LOL) one once; there may be many of them in circulation.  I'll have a look....

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

EDIT: Actually, I got it to work. It looks legit. What part of it are you wondering is real?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Back to insulting everyone again? Should I just create a sticky thread so you can judge us all at your convenience?

You want people to be "doom and gloom" when something actually happens in GNR land? A Bucket track has for all intents and purposes become part of the launching pad, but you think Bucket fans don't have the right to be optimistic?

My optimism isn't going to be stifled just because certain people have Slash posters on their wall.

No Slash posters...sorry man, never had them.  Your optimism was non existant 2 weeks ago and now you think the world is all great because there's a 1% chance BH might have something to do with a GnR release sometime in the next 20 years? 
I haven't insulted anybody, yet you've taken every opportunity to insult me.  I've pointed out how people can't seem to get a grip on their emotions at all and flip flop more than any politician ever has.  At least I've always been true to what I believe, and amazingly, I still haven't been wrong on any GnR prediction I've made.  I think it's time you consider worrying about your own posting habits and stop worrying about mine.

Board footer