You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: RUMOR: Royston Langdon is Velvet Revolver's new singer

misterID wrote:

I don't want a rehash of the old line up.

The only thing that their work since the breakup has proved is that
the're not even in the same universe, musically speaking. I'm way
more interested in what Axl has in his vault right now than what these
guys could do together now. Maybe some of you'll get lucky and that
Lost GNR album will get leaked one day. Until then, what they've shown
since breaking up, to answer a question, is VR can be a platinum selling
band and Axl could release jack shit and still hold peoples attention on
his own for 15 years. They don't need each other.

And I'm sure as hell not going to judge VR, if Royston is the new lead
singer, on a jam on a youtube video. If we all did that, no one would've
been a GNR/AXL fan after the 2002 VMA's.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

They should choose  a real singer from that night. Great voice.

[youtube]GgdX38gnNuQ&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]1X-h2YuKhhU&feature=related[/youtube]

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

isnt perry ferrel pretty over bearing? i thought thats why Janes cant stay together...anyway i doubt it

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I doubt it too, but it's really only 1 album. With Royston Langdon, I can't imagine they'll have that big a tour. Even with Scott their shows were pretty small venues. It'll sell even less if its the Spacehog guy.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Nah, not him either.  I really feel they should hang it up, but if they absoultely must try and pull as much money from it as they can, then pick a relatively unknown singer.  One with talent.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

maybe it will be a while till an announcement, or if they even decide to pick a replacement yet

i mean slash has not hidden his disire to do a solo record, so he may get involved with that, while duff has his loaded thing goin for a while

i know they'v activaly been looking for a replacement, but maybe its not at the top of all the band members ideas

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

This thread is turning less into a rumour and more into a 99% certainty of who the new singer is... Its all still "up for grabs", and yes i agree it wont be a permament job for whoever it is..
Im hoping that blues ball gig was his audition,  if it was then (SLash: "Dont call me, I`ll call you.sorry did i just say that,  I meant Dont call me and I wont call you")

nugdafied wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Man this is frustrating as shit. Fuck this crap. They need Axl and he needs them. These pricks need to get over it and realize how great they can still be.

If by pricks you mean Axl & only Axl then yeah. Whenever Axl decides to stop being a bitch & give the real GNR guitarists they're piece of the pie back, then there'll probably be GNR shows the next nite.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Man this is frustrating as shit. Fuck this crap. They need Axl and he needs them. These pricks need to get over it and realize how great they can still be.

If by pricks you mean Axl & only Axl then yeah. Whenever Axl decides to stop being a bitch & give the real GNR guitarists they're piece of the pie back, then there'll probably be GNR shows the next nite.

There's been plenty of undeserved shit thrown at Axl as well, but for the most part I agree he started this crap back in the day and progressively made it worse. So they've reacted through the years with some unfair crap of their own. He's the biggest prick of them all, but they are all egotistical -- especially Axl and Slash.

nugdafied wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

There's been plenty of undeserved shit thrown at Axl as well, but for the most part I agree he started this crap back in the day and progressively made it worse. So they've reacted through the years with some unfair crap of their own. He's the biggest prick of them all, but they are all egotistical -- especially Axl and Slash.

What I mean is that, if Axl gives Slash & Duff theirs shares of the GNR name back, then it's on. Until then, they'll never tour/record under the GNR name again.

Board footer