You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Smoking Guns wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Nice find, Tommie!  karma.

I'm really happy to see other people excited about this - I mean other than us maniacs here.

Favorite part:

"...where does it fit in the challenge of the game? Is it 3 stars, 4 stars?"

"Well... it's um... Axl. So it's about 3 quarters of the way down. It's a hard one"

My other favorite part:

"Oh yeah.... I was just playing it..."

People playing the song with it out in the open hopefully means it'll leak sooner then later.

Its funny...watch a 'gamer' play GH or RB i guess and they sit in their chair quitely focussing on the screen and hitting every note, barely noticing the song. Must..get..high..score...get..to..next..level...complete...game

Watch me play GH and I'm jumpin all over the sofa rocking out and trying my best rock star moves!

I'll probably never get to Shacklers Revenge if I get Rock Band, I'll probably get stuck on 'Let There Be Rock'. Which isn't a bad thing!

Let There Be Rock fucking Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Has anybody checked this other thread on that forum, about the choices of song on Rockband 2? Specifically Metallica, AC/DC and GNR.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63002

It seems most on there are dissappointed it's not a classic GNR track but are hopeful the deal between GNR and RB2 means the classics will become downloadable later. As psyched as we are, GNR still have a mountain to climb to get Joe public on board with this.

I predicted that would happen with the gamers... They want classic songs THEY KNOW, its more fun that way.  When you have people over your house, they want to play stuff they all know.  Like Sweet Child O'Mine...  When some girl sees, "Shackler's Revenge".......SKIP.

Really, though, in the end, whatever is the funnest, hardest songs to play will get people talking. No one knew Jordan in the original Guitar Hero, but it became the most-talked about song on that game because it's hard and is a kickass tune. If the same is true when Shackler's is playable, no one's gonna give a shit once they are actually playing it.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

This is the reason why the single for this song has to drop before the game comes out. So people will be familar with the song and want to play  it

Look on the bright side about this song at least we will know what the 100% correct lyrics are ha

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

This is the reason why the single for this song has to drop before the game comes out. So people will be familar with the song and want to play  it

Look on the bright side about this song at least we will know what the 100% correct lyrics are ha

Dave, I am with you 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!  IT MUST BE RELEASED PRIOR TO GAME TO BUILD UP MOMENTUM.   None of my friends want to experiment with some unknown when wanting to have fun and drink beer.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No one knew Jordan in the original Guitar Hero, but it became the most-talked about song on that game because it's hard and is a kickass tune. If the same is true when Shackler's is playable, no one's gonna give a shit once they are actually playing it.

yeah and it wasnt even necessary to play that song cuz it was a bonus track on the game

and it was for GH2 not the orig game 19 bucket

I even saw that tune in a Guitar World Mag not too long ago

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'd kind of expect that part of the deal would be for Rock Band to get to debut the song first, then have it pop up on radio and iTunes the next couple of days.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No one knew Jordan in the original Guitar Hero, but it became the most-talked about song on that game because it's hard and is a kickass tune. If the same is true when Shackler's is playable, no one's gonna give a shit once they are actually playing it.

yeah and it wasnt even necessary to play that song cuz it was a bonus track on the game

and it was for GH2 not the orig game 19 bucket

I even saw that tune in a Guitar World Mag not too long ago

Thx for the correction, Neemo, I get all those GH's mixed up. Doesn't change the point though, and you're right, it was a bonus track but still got everyone talking.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Dave, I am with you 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!  IT MUST BE RELEASED PRIOR TO GAME TO BUILD UP MOMENTUM.   None of my friends want to experiment with some unknown when wanting to have fun and drink beer.

will your friends buy it the first day it comes out and won`t play it like two weeks after release?

the song is set to be debuted on rockband2, so it`s highly likely that it`ll be released with the game first and then probably on iTunes the day after. people will still get the chance to become familiar with the song this way i think. of course not in the same way as let`s say wttj or scom...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Has anybody checked this other thread on that forum, about the choices of song on Rockband 2? Specifically Metallica, AC/DC and GNR.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63002

It seems most on there are dissappointed it's not a classic GNR track but are hopeful the deal between GNR and RB2 means the classics will become downloadable later. As psyched as we are, GNR still have a mountain to climb to get Joe public on board with this.

I predicted that would happen with the gamers... They want classic songs THEY KNOW, its more fun that way.  When you have people over your house, they want to play stuff they all know.  Like Sweet Child O'Mine...  When some girl sees, "Shackler's Revenge".......SKIP.

Exactly.  I got through GH on easy as fast as I could so I could go back and play whatever I wanted to play on whatever level I wanted in practice or with friends.

Board footer