You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

bigbri wrote:

From the New York Times Service

"A decade and a half after releasing its previous album, Guns N' Roses plans to put out a new song in September '” on the video game 'Rock Band 2.' MTV expects to announce on Monday that the sequel to its popular 'Rock Band' game will include 'Shackler's Revenge,' a track from the Guns N' Roses album that has been in the works for more than a decade, said people familiar with the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity because the arrangement has yet to be announced.

The inclusion of the song on a game suggests that the Guns N' Roses album 'Chinese Democracy' will come out this fall, after years of delays. Axl Rose, who has selected replacements for the other original members, has said that the album is finished, but a release date has not been announced.

MTV and Universal Music Group, Guns N' Roses' label, declined to comment on the deal.

Guns N' Roses' plan to reintroduce its music to the public in a video game underscores how important to the music business games have become '” especially 'Rock Band' and Activision's 'Guitar Hero' series, which allow gamers to play along with songs on instrument-shaped plastic controllers. 'Rock Band 2' will also include songs from marquee acts like AC/DC and Rush; the game may also feature music by Elvis Costello and Bob Dylan, according to a track listing leaked online. Activision recently released a version of 'Guitar Hero' dedicated to Aerosmith, and a game based on Metallica is due next year."

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

believe it when I see it

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

bigbri wrote:

Axl Rose, who has selected replacements for the other replacements for the other original members, has said that the album is finished, but a release date has not been announced.

Fixed.

Nice to see, but I'm still waiting for Monday. Not waiting long though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

At least its starting to get more mainstream attention. Gonna be more difficult to back out of this one.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

The problem is, once this waiting is done, then comes the waiting to hear when it's released in a way that someone (me) who isn't going to buy Rock Band can hear it/own it. 

Then the waiting to see if there's actually an anouncement about an album release to actually go with the promo.

Then the waiting to see if that release date actually happens or is just BS like it's been before.

A Tom Petty song is suddenly in my head.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah the question of a release date is an issue. When does Universal typically announce its fall release list? With the song on the game, they must have a date set you'd think. I KNOW, it's GNR, but I'm trying to treat this like a regular band would.

Another good question is when the song will leak out? The day the game is out? Earlier? Anyone have any 'key' dates for the promotion and release of Rock Band that could result in a leak of Shackler's?

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Fuck yes.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

If this is indeed true, there is a good chance some more leaks could be coming our way.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

A Tom Petty song is suddenly in my head.

Another good question is when the song will leak out? The day the game is out? Earlier? Anyone have any 'key' dates for the promotion and release of Rock Band that could result in a leak of Shackler's?

Quite a few video games of this nature have soundtracks. Albums leak an average of a week before release(sometimes sooner). Add in the fact quite a few people are wanting to hear it(and looking for it no doubt), we'll probably get this a few weeks before release.

My only concern is Uni refusing to acknowledge it. Trains don't leave the station until Uni says they do.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Do you have a link to this article Bri? How exactly did you find it? I'm not doubting the validity of it, but some concrete link or explanation would be nice.

Board footer