You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Dreamline wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Is it possible that the guys at the video game sites are lying and haven't heard anything new?  Or maybe they were given a track (Better, TWAT, something like that), and told it was Shackler's Revenge.  It's probably set up as a smokescreen to prevent the actual song from leaking before the game is released.

Possible, but I'd say unlikely.  With the game due to be released in September, they're gonna have to have a pretty solid build of it now and most likely already have QA play testers working on it.  This late in the development, it'd be a major pain in the ass to have a temporary title in there.  That would mean that when they got the real name of the song, not only would it have to be changed in-game, but also on any printed material as well (not sure whether the game manual includes set lists or not?).  That's not something a game developer would normally want to do.

And as far as it leaking, I have my doubts that anything will slip out of Harmonix.  That guy getting fucked over by unethical journalist aside, game developers are usually very used to and good at keeping things under wraps until the right time.  Also, since games are developed on computers, by nature game companies are usually more knowledgeable and tight when it comes to data security.  I very much doubt someone could just slap it on a USB stick and walk out with the song.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

If SR is something we've already heard, it would be the ultimate "fuck you" to the fans and you could say goodbye to me and a lot of others ever buying CD.

Why? When we downloaded those leaks we basicly stole them ahead of the way we were supposed to hear the songs. I'd say it would be our fault if we've already heard the best shit not theirs.
!

Yeah, but they've been played live. Big difference than ITW and Song #2.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the fact that it is  "gnr" or "ringo starr and paul mccartney" doesn't mean people will line up at midnight to purchase the album the first night is correct.

but casual listeners of bands like U2, who have made music more consistently,don't bat an eye when they hear news of a new single or album from these kinda bands. u2 has a large and loyal fan base cause they have been around forever and haven't stop making music - these are the people that are buying their music, mostly.not the casual radio listeners.

the news of gnr, on the other hand, is gonna spark additional interest. there is much more hype sorrounding this album.

some people that disagree with this last point say the hype is all within the gnr community. this a key peice in the debate to how well cd will sell.  unfortunately and contrary to their argument the interest is definitely there. examples: dr pepper, vma's welcoming the new band possibly twice without new material, rock band - they compile this great game, setlist, and new features and gnr/shacklers revenge is the first topic mentioned. 

people are gonna hear about the comeback and then they will hear about the first single and then they will make a point to turn the radio up to hear it purely out of curiosity. and then many will buy the album, provided the single is great. 

that's not even considering that the rest of the promo which will be extensive.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

It made for some good conversation, but I too do not believe that SR is Better. Wasnt there a guy from a BH site that described SR? If I recall, that didnt sound like Better. And the big proof is the comment about the lyrics from the Harmonix guy.

But isnt it nice to have actual news to talk about?! It seems almost everyday when I log in, there's something new going on.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

But isnt it nice to have actual news to talk about?! It seems almost everyday when I log in, there's something new going on.

I hear ya!!! 5

It's going to be wierd when CD comes out. After i've waited this long for it, I'll feel a sence of personal achievment, almost like i've proved something to my friends who didn't think it would come. That's crazy cos I had nothing to do with it...but I'll feel a sence of satisfaction if it comes out and its as good as the leaks are.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

I hear ya!!! 5

It's going to be wierd when CD comes out. After i've waited this long for it, I'll feel a sence of personal achievment, almost like i've proved something to my friends who didn't think it would come. That's crazy cos I had nothing to do with it...but I'll feel a sence of satisfaction if it comes out and its as good as the leaks are.

At the same time what will we have to live for then?  Our goal is accomplished, will we no longer be friends?  Is our bond that brought us here, GNR and CD now fade when rumors or leaks are no longer happening?  I hope not.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

At the same time what will we have to live for then?  Our goal is accomplished, will we no longer be friends?  Is our bond that brought us here, GNR and CD now fade when rumors or leaks are no longer happening?  I hope not.

I hope not too. Although it could be like school, where I tried to keep up friendships with people from there, and still have the occasional dinner, but once the bond together is broken, there isn't the common reason anymore sad

Still we have a while to go I guess, there's CD, then the new VR...what happens to me if all of these people retire I don't know...guess i'll have to follow some new bands....but it won't be the same!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe I'm in the minority but, GnR isnt the main attraction for me coming to this site.  5

Board footer