You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

bigbri wrote:

Well, buckethead's Jordan was unknown to everyone but BH fans, and it went on to become the most-talked about song of Guitar Hero. His shows sell out now and younger fans now dominate his concerts and online forums. So, an unheard song can be a success and can draw in the crowd GNR no doubt covets.

Fair enough, so this song might not end up being a single then. RB2 could be released with SR having not been heard by the majority who will buy the game until they play it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Somebody's sounding like a broken record 16

It could be, but there's an ocean of difference between Buckethead and Guns N' Roses. There's no reason for him to release a single since nobody knows who he is. Axl and Guns on the other hand...they can, should and will release some sort of single. You don't put it in people's hands to discover a new song from this type of album.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

polluxlm wrote:

Somebody's sounding like a broken record 16

It could be, but there's an ocean of difference between Buckethead and Guns N' Roses. There's no reason for him to release a single since nobody knows who he is. Axl and Guns on the other hand...they can, should and will release some sort of single. You don't put it in people's hands to discover a new song from this type of album.

16 Bri's really trying to get his point across huh?

That's very true, I'd wondered if this track might be a b-side or a bonus that they're putting on RB2 but as Mysteron has said it'll be on the album that's obviously not the case. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a single but it would be a good way to promote one.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Sorry guys, don't know what happened. My Blackberry is acting funky. I left it sitting on the table while I played with the kids before leaving for summer camp, and I came back with an error message on it, so I restarted.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i removed the triple post 16 its only up there once now....when can we expect the announcement today?

have they given a time?

Sky Dog wrote:

I imagine it will be announced on Billboard or Reuters or Business Wire. Something like that. Billboard updates their site around 10-11am.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/arts/ … ref=slogin

link to the nytimes article...cool pic of Axl.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

after reading the article, I'm really fighting the urge to get hyped.  Does anyone know what time the Rockband segment of E3 will take place?

Sky Dog wrote:

mysteron said the announcement will be a 1:30pm est....press release from Rock band and mtv-doubt there will be any album news.:headbang:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

I imagine it will be announced on Billboard or Reuters or Business Wire. Something like that. Billboard updates their site around 10-11am.

Mysteron:

There will be a press release at 10.30PST

From EA/Harmonix, it seems. It should officially confirm the inclusion of GNR and Shackler to Rock Band 2. That's around 2½ hours away, so we'll see what happens.

Board footer