You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Gunslinger wrote:

This is a start, be great if "first single from the long-awaited Chinese Democracy album by Guns N Roses" followed.  Not holding my breath of course, but it would be cool.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

I imagine it will be announced on Billboard or Reuters or Business Wire. Something like that. Billboard updates their site around 10-11am.

Mysteron:

There will be a press release at 10.30PST

From EA/Harmonix, it seems. It should officially confirm the inclusion of GNR and Shackler to Rock Band 2. That's around 2½ hours away, so we'll see what happens.

Might be a little off topic, but thats the same time as the Microsoft Press Conference.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think there would be any reason to put a new 'unheard' song out, if the album
wasn't imminent.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think there would be any reason to put a new 'unheard' song out, if the album
wasn't imminent.

What was it like with OMG? was the album imminent then?

reason i ask, i wasnt around the boards back then

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

This is a start, be great if "first single from the long-awaited Chinese Democracy album by Guns N Roses" followed.  Not holding my breath of course, but it would be cool.

Isn't that what the Harley ad said about Better?  I wouldn't get excited no matter what is says, but that's just me.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

buzzsaw wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Isn't that what the Harley ad said about Better?  I wouldn't get excited no matter what is says, but that's just me.

That's why I'm holding back a little too, this is definitely all very promising, but so was the Harley ad. I suppose at the very least we'll get a new track out of this at some point whether it be a leak or it actually appears on RB2. Ultimately we're all hoping this is the beginning of the CD wheels turning but past experience has taught me/us not to get too carried away....yet.

Sky Dog wrote:

I would tend to agree....it could be another "test the waters" deal.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Worst happens we get a brand new song deemed fit to feature in a commercial game, ie. it's good.

That's really enough for me.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Worst happens we get a brand new song deemed fit to feature in a commercial game, ie. it's good.

That's really enough for me.

Not every song on these games is good.  Good isn't a requirement - the goal is to add something that will help it sell more copies.  The name Guns N' Roses will do that.  The possible backlash is when people find out it's a song they don't know...it's hard to say how they would respond.  Not everybody is going to be happy.  If this is a "test the waters" move, it could be a more negative move than a positive one.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art … 1003827186

I hope the song goes on ITUNES like the Crue song did.

Board footer