You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: POLL: BH Returning?

war wrote:

yes

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I voted no just because I don't think it'll happen. A tour with BH would be that much better, but I still think he's out. Part of it I wonder is if BH doesn't want to be back in GnR with Axl's issues & notorious latenesses & all. Some people don't want to be a part of stuff like that. He might be one of them.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i voted yes but only because i want him back, not because i really think he's gonna be back.

the gnr camp is definitely interested in having bucket back. and i say this based on the dr. pepper response from axl. he said he'd share his dr. pepper with him. i think that was testing the waters, waiting to see a reaction from the man.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Releasing a BH-dominated record, or even one with just some BH shining here and there would be stupid without having him in the band again. Imagine... the best moments are played by someone who left the band 4-5 years ago... Only one thing would be even more stupid: release an album without BH, who clearly has the best moment in the new songs - even though his role isn't more than a guest musician, his parts are mostly out of the songs, if you know what I mean... but it means that these are out of the mediocrity as well, which is a good thing. Without BH this band is nothing musically.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Releasing a BH-dominated record, or even one with just some BH shining here and there would be stupid without having him in the band again. Imagine... the best moments are played by someone who left the band 4-5 years ago... Only one thing would be even more stupid: release an album without BH, who clearly has the best moment in the new songs - even though his role isn't more than a guest musician, his parts are mostly out of the songs, if you know what I mean... but it means that these are out of the mediocrity as well, which is a good thing. Without BH this band is nothing musically.

Be prepared for stupid.  If you stop and think about it, it's really not any more stupid than the rest of the 20+ year saga that is Guns N' Roses and certainly not worse than the past 14 years.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
supaplex wrote:

i voted yes but only because i want him back, not because i really think he's gonna be back.

Hopefully that's the only reason most people voted yes.  Otherwise we've lost our collective minds.

Sky Dog wrote:

Mikka, I agree with your post. If Bucket is prominently featured on the album, I think Axl will try to get him back for a proper tour. Nobody is really in or out at this point anyway as it is almost guaranteed that no one is under contract right now (Finck would not have done what he did if he was still being paid by Axl). The new Gnr family has lots of members....all interchangeable on a whim. I think that is fairly well proven. 22

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Wow, I agree with Buzzsaw, I think we've lost our minds. He ain't comin' back. GNR is the opposite oif what Bucket stands for. If he knew what would have happened before he ever joined the band, he would have never done it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, coming back for a world tour of limited duration is not all that big of a deal. With Azoff around, there is going to be a reunion so Bucket's tenure would only be short lived and the press and promotion he gets will be immense-much more than before as people will have an album. The man has to make a living and this would only further bolster his solo career and other projects. No more studio time is required.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I see what you are saying madagas, but I think the tour is what BH can't live with in GNR land. Bucket doesn't cancel shows, he doesn't wait till midnight to come on stage, he interacts with the crowd, he doesn't stop midsong and berate people, he is spontaneous. Everything GNR is not on tour. He pours everything into his tours. Check out his sked, he's playing stretches of like 8-9 nights in a row. He lives to tour and produce music, both in the studio and on stage. GNR, not so much.

Board footer