You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: POLL: BH Returning?

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

I said yes cuz I couldn't vote for maybe.

The whole Buckethead situation is wayyy too weird to try and make sense of. There is no way
I could say no.

Yeah I voted no, but I wouldn't say there's no way it could happen.  I think it's possible, just not likely.  I'd welcome him back with open arms though, that's for sure.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It would be interesting if Bucket came back - would they get bumble to play robin's parts? and keep richard?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Vai is incredible, a true master craftsman.

Wasn't there a rumour that Buckethead was Vai at one point?

Hehe...wouldn't surprise me....

i thought the rumor was that BH was paul gilbert (Mr Big)

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Wasn't there a rumour that Buckethead was Vai at one point?

Hehe...wouldn't surprise me....

i thought the rumor was that BH was paul gilbert (Mr Big)

There was that rumour too but the Vai rumour was bigger I think.  Either way I would love to see a Bucket Vs Vai guitar battle like in the movie Crossroad.  If anyone can be better or equal to Bucket it's Vai, although I wouldn't dismiss Gilbert either.  If Axl can't get Bucket back he SHOULD call Vai though.  Vai is used to dealing with ego maniac singers so I'm sure he could handle Axl.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In terms of speed I think Gilbert is faster than bucket. Michael Angelo Batio is faster than anyone. But of course there is more to music than speed and precision...there is song craft..and that's where everyone gets back in on the act...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl doesn't want anybody that can handle him.  He wants people that will play by his rules.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Axl doesn't want anybody that can handle him.  He wants people that will play by his rules.

Call it what you want but Vai fits the description.  I can't imagine he had that much power with David Lee Roth and Whitesnake.  Plus if what Stinson says is true.  When recording with Axl, Axl wants you to the songs and add in your touch and I think Vai could add some crazy good stuff with Axl's music.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i don't think vai would be willing to be number 2 which is what he would be in gnr. he and axl could come up with some great songs though.

vai could do any re-recording in less than a day and be ready for the tour as is. he is one of the most educated guitarists that i know of.

unfortunately what gnr needs right now is the people that did the majority of writing CD in the band to showcase them to the world.

Board footer