You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: GN'R featured in September 08 PLAYBOY magazine

bazgnr wrote:

The last page of the new issue (August 08) spotlights "Next Month" and shows a picture of Axl with the caption "The rise of GN'R - Welcome to their Jungle."

The text below reads:

YOUNG GUNS - Los Angeles, 1985:  A posse of guitar-toting outlaws starts to claw its way to the top of the sunset strip music scene.  Amid rumors that Axl's new Guns N' Roses may finally deliver the long-awaited Chinese Democracy album, Stephen Davis gives an inside look at the formation of the dirtiest, most dangerous - and greatest - rock band of the modern era.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i wonder if they actually interviewed Axl...that would be interesting

think i can get away with buying that issue?

"i bought it for the Axl interview honey" 16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I doubt it, it's probably a story that was already written a while ago. Then, once they decided the timing was right, decide to include it. Just my opinion at least. I don't think it will have a whole lot in the way of recent news, just a few lines to make it relevant. Seems like it's mostly about the AFD era.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

A story about the band's rise? There's one I haven't heard before. Real original, Playboy.

Hell, a lot of us on here could write that and make it more interesting. Even some of our posts here are more informative than another rise-of-the Guns story.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

A story about the band's rise? There's one I haven't heard before. Real original, Playboy.

Hell, a lot of us on here could write that and make it more interesting. Even some of our posts here are more informative than another rise-of-the Guns story.

Yeah, but our pictures probably wouldn't be as nice.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah, but our pictures probably wouldn't be as nice.

ha, ha, very true. No one wants to see me baring any part of my body.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Ah yes, the perfect excuse to bring that issue home. "I really did get it for the articles baby!"

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer