You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: KFRQ plays Baz/Axl song Back in the Saddle

russtcb wrote:
Thorazine Shuffle wrote:

Thanks James.

I wasn't feeling it too much.  Bach sounded pro-tools out the ass.  I could barely tell the difference between the two, except for Axls raspiness in his voice.

That's one of the things I wanna hear better. I *hate* when Bach uses that shit. He has a kick ass ballad called "The Most Powerful Man In The World" that's on his live album. I always wanted a studio version and I waited and waited for one. Finally he put it on one of his collections and I cannot stand listening to it because of the shit on his voice.

I'm sure Bach asks Axl how he feels about pro tools on the Trunk interview and I thought Bach gave the impression that he didn't use pro tools and stuff hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

As those that are willing to give it an honest listen are noting, it's a weak performance.  Considering it's being used to promote the album, it makes sense that the rest of the album is as weak or weaker.  It's too bad.  The reaction isn't going to help Axl's confidence any.

Remember, music is subjective. Just because someone likes the song doesn't mean they are being "dishonest". Hell, M.I.A. could shit a better track than these two can come up with, but people who don't agree are not being dishonest.

I agree that Axl being used as the promotional tool likely means its not a very good album, but some will like it regardless of how much other people think it sucks.

Thats how music is.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

As those that are willing to give it an honest listen are noting, it's a weak performance.  Considering it's being used to promote the album, it makes sense that the rest of the album is as weak or weaker.  It's too bad.  The reaction isn't going to help Axl's confidence any.

Remember, music is subjective. Just because someone likes the song doesn't mean they are being "dishonest". Hell, M.I.A. could shit a better track than these two can come up with, but people who don't agree are not being dishonest.

I agree that Axl being used as the promotional tool likely means its not a very good album, but some will like it regardless of how much other people think it sucks.

Thats how music is.

Oh, I agree.  When I said "honest listen" what I really meant was listen to it objectively.  I understand that what I think is good or bad isn't necessarily good or bad to anybody else.  I don't expect to change anyone's mind either - that isn't my goal.  I just don't want to keep seeing the same couple people trying to convince me or anybody else how great it is.  There's a very vocal minority that seems to think repeating something over and over makes it so.  I'm just providing balance.

I would like to see Axl succeed.  That is why things like this really bother me.  I knew this would be the result and I am not looking forward to what I suspect will be the result.  This will not be well received and Axl's name being associated with it isn't going to help Guns N' Roses.  I was thinking most people would realize that.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It won't effect Guns N' Roses. Axl is just singing and from the song we have heard he sounds pretty damn good. He has nothing to do with the making of the album. If anything the guest spot will end up being the only positive spin on the album if it is as shitty as you think it will be.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

It won't effect Guns N' Roses. Axl is just singing and from the song we have heard he sounds pretty damn good. He has nothing to do with the making of the album. If anything the guest spot will end up being the only positive spin on the album if it is as shitty as you think it will be.

I don't think Axl sounds good either.  Maybe the album version will be better, but what I heard on the radio version was total crap.  Much like the CD demos, it sounds way too busy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

God, I hope people don't think this is Gnr.

there someone hot the nail on the head about the arguement in the othere thread.....while it is very cool to hear axl on a release again finally....lets not mistake this for GnR .... cuz its not ...but the average joe will prolly think so hmm

anyway i dig it...pretty cool big_smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl's very prominent on BITS....his voice alone will make people wonder if it is the "new" Gnr. It's not like Axl is all over the radio these days. Stuck Inside is clearly not a Gnr track as Axl is not featured. He is background vocals only.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Doesn't matter if people think this is GN'R if CD never comes out, and if CD does come out they'll be corrected on what GN'R is. so either way, this isn't much of a problem.

Board footer