You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: KFRQ plays Baz/Axl song Back in the Saddle

monkeychow wrote:

wow james you and i have very different opinions on this, i thought there was loads of feeling in it - even thought is different to the original version.

The Axl screams were awesome....and i thought the band was cool too!

Overall i'm excited smile

I mean i'll admit its not anything revolutionary...but then I always thought sebastian was about making great old school rock...and to me it does that very well....i'm looking forward to a CD quality release and blasting the crap out of it smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We're getting glimpses of why Axl cant really fit in to other artists work. We had glimpses in the past(Henley the most notable example), and we sure are getting it now. This may sound lame, but he is "above" the people he is working with on this. He's an artist that cant and shouldn't be contained by what the other artist he is collaborating with is doing.

Some of the old people here like madagas might remember when Henley talked about the end of the innocence sessions many years ago. How Axl was just so intense during their session together that he had to be toned down.

You cant box him in. If you're going to do something with him, you better have some ambition. I can see why he rarely collaborates.

I'm not knocking the Henley track. Just used it as an example.

At the same time, this track(and the other songs) dont really deserve much of an analysis as they were obviously thrown together pretty quickly with very little thought. Nothing wrong with that, its just not up to "Axl standards".

man i wish that dumb bitch wasnt' talking over the intro during Axl's scream

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll probably buy the Axl tracks to support him, but I seriously doubt I buy this disc unless I see it for pretty cheap at Best Buy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Here is my take, as JB said it's a fun rock song that they are doing, I think Axl sounds awesome! Baz sounds good too.   I think the band could be better that would make a tremendous difference, that's about my only real problem but I'd like to listen to it with better quality and a better sound system then my comp before I make a final judgement.   

I will be buying this to support Baz and Axl on this effort.

yea its definitely a more metal version of the original, and i can see why that would turn some people off.    but i'm definitely enjoying it smile  i think it kicks ass.

Sky Dog wrote:

James, Henley said Axl had a voice like a chainsaw...he was mesmerized by Axl's voice and intensity. I actually liked that Henley track.:mosh:

still don't have Back in the Saddle..pretty please anyone? James, that first link didn't work for me either.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Well, I like it. Is there an audio of it that isn't ripped from the radio? The quality of the online radio isn't worth downloading to me, but if the real track turns up, let me know.

Sky Dog wrote:

I heard it...the music is either very muted or hmmmm... kinda what I expected. If people think he needs to test the water with that, they are smoking crack.:nervous: Axl does fine though.  oh and anyone notice the freudian slip when she says we "have Axl and ...Seb" she hesitates. God, I hope people don't think this is Gnr.

Board footer