You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: KFRQ plays Baz/Axl song Back in the Saddle

BLS-Pride wrote:

Welcome back BBA..

I don't get why people always think they are in for something ground braking when Axl Rose is involved. I thought it was a pretty good cover from the quality we have. It's their take on the song.. His band is more metal than rock n' roll.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

I thought it was awesome.  Axl's voice was old school Axl.

But, it wasn't a very good quality coming from a radio stream.  But I imagine it'll sound awesome when I can hear it on Angel Down on my own cd player.

Abbey_Road wrote:

I thought it was awesome.  Axl's voice was old school Axl.

But, it wasn't a very good quality coming from a radio stream.  But I imagine it'll sound awesome when I can hear it on Angel Down on my own cd player.

its up for pre-order on amazon as of today  3

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Everyone that plans to buy this just to hear Axl, please post here.  This is going to be funny.

EDIT: I just heard the radio version.  I hope the album version is better.  This version sounds terrible.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I would buy it anyway, with or without Axl.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

It's alright. Shitty quality. I can see why  some don't like the band as they put a different spin on the song and it came out a little more metal.

I can handle a different interpretation of a cover. Actually, I think its bold when artists do something like that. A good example would be Soundgarden doing Come Together(if I can find my disc with it, I'll upload and post it in downloads section).

I just don't think it works on any level with this track.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Good to see you here Thorazine.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Had a listen to the track thanks to a certain board member who hooked me up with a link, and yeah, Axl sounds good, but the song does sound a bit dated. Nevertheless, it does sound like something cool to crank up in my car when I'm driving around in summertime, which is only around the corner here in Oz.

metallex78 wrote:

Had a listen to the track thanks to a certain board member who hooked me up with a link, and yeah, Axl sounds good, but the song does sound a bit dated. Nevertheless, it does sound like something cool to crank up in my car when I'm driving around in summertime, which is only around the corner here in Oz.

I remember Baz saying on Supergroup that he hates the term dated, this is what he is and he isn't going to change.   Which is cool with me because I like that genre of music.   Agreed, I definitely think this is a song that will sound awesome cranked up in the car and driving with the windows down 5

November Rain
 Rep: 4 

I haven´t heard it yet and I´m dying to.

Board footer