You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I dont mean the style of the song, good or bad (i did say i liked OMG)..  I mean I dont think it will be a C.D song, just a "nuGNR" song.. may or may not feature on C.D.
Wether it does or not, well if it does thats a strong indication of a release, and not some new delay tactic now there are no new leaks to be had...If it doesnt, its just another OMG.... a one off

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
mickronson wrote:

I dunno, im thinkin SR will be another OMG.. altho i do however like OMG.. but OMG has seemingly nothing to do with C.D, much in the way i reckon SR will... its like the ginger stepchild of C.D

After the debacle that Oh My God was, I could see them going out of their way to scrap any ideas that sounded remotely like it.

Edit: ok, what you posted while I was typing this makes what I typed not make any sense as a reply to you.  But I still think that, so I'll leave it here anyway.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

mickronson wrote:

I dunno, im thinkin SR will be another OMG.. altho i do however like OMG.. but OMG has seemingly nothing to do with C.D, much in the way i reckon SR will... its like the ginger stepchild of C.D

Isn't there a big difference between the two? Of course in 1998 the album couldn't have been ready, it could barely have been started. The name of the album hadn't even been let out before OMG came out. Then, if you believe Axl, Oh My God wasn't quite ready.

Now, with Shackler's Revenge, it's Rock Band 2, not a bad movie. It's clear that finished versions of the album exist. We know who's on them, we know some tracks pretty well. We know this thing is ready to be launched. We also know Axl can tour if he really wants to (it took 06 to prove that).

It could be held back by cold feet yes, but in 98, it was lack of material that likely kept an album from coming out. Big difference in my opinion.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Really, the band would be MAD to release a new song if the album wasn't on the cards for a late 08 release.

I always thought elements of OMG sounded poppy (you know that disco beat and 'wooooo' sound Axl makes) but was also quite hard and upbeat. I hope Schaklers has an upbeat feel to it.

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

You arent getting me.. Im sayin SR may be a novelty track, just for the rock band game, and not intended to be on any release..maybe a single for download or something..I Dont know, I just think this for some reason.. this has nothing to do with any readiness I think they have..
Excuse me if i dont believe every tom dick and harry on the internet, and their theories.. C.D isnt out yet, regardless what someone says.. been here before

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Mysteron said it's intended to be the first single.

It seems kind of silly to put anything other than an album track and the first single on the game. Why would you want the track that will garner the most attention to be absent from the album?

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

One anomaly is though, as Art Director of the project (his current role within the company apparently too), he appears to be a low level employee in the (NewGNR) video; wouldn't he be much "higher up the chain", so to speak, if he was the Art Director (of the project)?

And I would hardly describe the solos in the middle of 'Better' as "crazy" - cool, but not "crazy".:)

Lofton edit: picture removed.

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

Simple, I dont believe the album will be out yet.  Im tired of debating it now.. it`ll be out when its out, and a game track doesnt change my opinion, and i dont know why everyone is getting so excited at this latest news when they`ve done more before now and ditched the idea of a release.
im done

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is getting ridiculous. We don't need CIA agents hunting for personal pics and info on this guy. The youtube vid is out, and thats enough. I don't need a biography on this guy, and neither does anyone else.

He is already most likely in trouble, and posting even more info on a guy who obviously doesn't need or want the attention is crossing a line.

Thanks for bringing the info here, but its going too far.

Link goes in the garbage can, and don't post anymore personal info about him here.

Board footer