You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think Axl's worried. He has enough money to pay back Geffen and thensome.

I also think he knows and Azoff knows the quickest way to make a ton of money is a reunion. If the new band were active and getting their own fans, i'd buy into the idea of a couple one off shows and remaining the focus on the new band.

Not the case. The new band has done nothing, Axl has waited too long, and although CD or four CD's will still be big sales imo, they're still not matchable to an official GN'R reunion.

Azoff also has a history of reuniting long-apart bands. My guess is that a multiple CD-release will happen at the same time as a reunion and blow everyone away. Most likely Frank Ferrer will be on drums, and Izzy will be on rhythm and when Izzy doesn't want to perform, Richard Fortus will be plugged in.

It's not that far-fetched to believe. Adler obviously wouldn't be invited back at this point, and I really don't see Axl wanting Matt.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I just don't see a reunion happening any time soon.  I find it hard to believe that Axl would work this hard and long to pretty much admit failure that he couldn't do it without the guys who walked out on him over 10 years ago.  Doesn't make sense to me, and I think he's to proud a man to admit defeat.  I think a reunion somewhere down the road could be possible, after he tires of the current lineup or vice versa, which has already happened in a sense with Bucket, Brain, Robin, etc.
It just makes absolutely no sense to release CD with the new band, and turn around and reunite with the old band.  Where's the logic in that?  I know that's what some people WANT to happen, but let's be realistic.  Then again, nothing concerning GNR is realistic.

Sky Dog wrote:

Faldor, I agree that PRIDE is going to come in to the equation big time. Axl is not going to abandon 14 years of recording.....no way. Azoff's main challenge is to reconcile both....the release of the Chinese sessions AND a reunion. 15

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nUDfJZTrks

if you don't think Gnr fans are crazy...:nervous::nervous:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No way a reunion will be tied to this. Like I've said before, its not going to be as easy as Axl
calling the guys up and saying, "Yo, lets get back together!"

Duff is no dummy. That shit is going to have to have some stipulations for him to get involved.
I don't see Izzy wanting the aggravation.

And Axl isn't going to hand over control, nor share it with anyone. Its not going to happen now,
or in the forseeable future.

There are many, many other ways for Axl and company to get money and force Universals hand.
Rock Band was a prime example of this.

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl doesn't have to hand over control of anything....he owns the band name and has the ultimate veto. If he pays the other guys enough for a reunion, it will happen. Azoff is known for reunions....not saying I want one, just saying that is what he does.:/

misterID

misterID wrote:

That's my point, Mad. He has the power. The guys aren't going to jump into "Axl's band" and
be fine with it. Duff, Slash and Matt have proven themselves in their own right as a money
making enterprise with their OWN management team looking out for THEIR interest. Uncle
Axl and Azoff would have to do some heavy negotiaions just to get it to the negotiation table.

From the sounds of it, their (Duff and Slash) idea of a reunion and the FANS idea of a reunion
are two very different things. 

I think Azoff's concern right now is GNR 2008 and Chinese Democracy. I seriously think if Azoff
even brought up the idea of a reunion it would offend Axl beyond belief. Too me, as is, they have
a lot going for them in their corner with this album. And if it is a "joint venture" I'm sure it will get
worked out. Universal just wants to get paid for this headache. I think they even might be
surprised of how much interest is still involved with CD. That's why I think the Rockband move was
fucking genius.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

All I know is that I am starting to lose faith in Azoff.  The silent treatment tells me he ain't better than Merck or anyone else for that matter involved in this fiasco.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Leather and lipstick, downtown blues
Fools all give him love that he couldn't use
So, he opened fire in London with his New York City band
Left em all for dead just like they planned
The Devil raised a good boy, look out below.

Built his mama a rocket ship to rock
over their heads
Looking down imagine
what he said
No accounting for the band
and why would I bother
just strap em in
and see where it takes em
ain't no guarantees in rock roll
ain't no deal thats bulletproof
fearless in the wild west
fearless in the face of all
gave up my ego and faced the world
looked at that girl and said
you wanna come?

as ridiculous as everything else they put upon us?

misterID

misterID wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

All I know is that I am starting to lose faith in Azoff.  The silent treatment tells me he ain't better than Merck or anyone else for that matter involved in this fiasco.

To be fair, communication with the fans is the band's responsibility, not the management. When
Metallica communicates with their fans its not through THE FIRM.

Board footer