You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

Saikin wrote:

This song is going to leak very soon.

And 4 albums?  Holy shit- if this is true, we will get what we've been waiting for.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

As excited as I am to hear stuff like this, that was just horribly wrong.  Since the guy was being officially interviewed before the whole hidden camera bullshit, obviously this was taped by one of the game "journalists" at the show.  If anybody deserves to be fired it's him - absolute lack of journalistic ethics and put that other guy's job in jeopardy.  What a dick.

The guy was super careful about what he said during the interview and then gets fucked over like that.  It would be different if he had knowingly leaked it to the reporter and was quoted as "an annonymous source at harmonix,"  but it's obvious from watching this that that was not his intent.

I want news just just as much as the next rabid fan, but that was disgusting. sad

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

i wonder if we're really getting 4 albums? He seemed to be saying it was just something he'd heard around the place...maybe he'd just heard second hand forum rumours? Then again Bax has been saying for ages that there are 3 cds. I think 4 albums at once...would be a way to top UYI and give this band some of the old school legitmacy if it was all good material like the leaks...would also silence a lot of the complaints about the delays I think.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

great.
let's give Axl Rose a reason to pull the plug on another potential attempt to get this thing released....fucking hell, if this guy was a real fan, he would know the potential consequences of this, and he wouldn't have done this so publicly...what a cock....

for the first time ever, i agree with jarmo's policies when it comes to deleting info like this off the open forum....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

i wonder if we're really getting 4 albums? He seemed to be saying it was just something he'd heard around the place...maybe he'd just heard second hand forum rumours? Then again Bax has been saying for ages that there are 3 cds. I think 4 albums at once...would be a way to top UYI and give this band some of the old school legitmacy if it was all good material like the leaks...would also silence a lot of the complaints about the delays I think.

I don't see  Uni releasing 4 Nu-GN'R albums at the same time. That would only make sence if they gave up the hope that it'd do good in the mainstream media, so they're forced to rip-off the hardcore fans. Anyone else would download all the 4 albums... or 1 or 2, but nobody who isn't hardcore will buy it... cuase it's just too much. And why release everything you have, when it seems like your band that wrote and recorded the majority of the material fell apart? BH, Finck, Tobias are no longer in the band, and even the guy, Josh Freese, who wrote the title track left a long-long time ago.

It doesn't make any sense unless you have enough of the whole project and your plan is to scrap it with capitalizing the most you can on the hardcore fans to get back some of the money spent. So 4 albums at the same time would mean that Axl wants to end this... he's either retiring, or starting a new band, or the gates are open for the reuinon... It's only opinion, of course.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Poor guy. I do agree with some of the posters at youtube that they should have AT LEAST
blurred his face. And really, this could have been done without even showing the video.
Just show it to a few posters in the fan community to validate it. This poor guy thought he
was just talking to some joe shmo.

But at least it was stuff that we pretty much all knew so he shouldn't get in too much trouble.
Hopefully.

It does make sense when the leaker said Axl turned in (I forget how many) a whole bunch
of CD's to universal, not just a couple.

At least we all now know Shacklers Revenge does not sound like Sweet Child O' Mine. It
just sounds... Different 16

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

That would only make sence if they gave up the hope that it'd do good in the mainstream media, so they're forced to rip-off the hardcore fans.
It doesn't make any sense unless you have enough of the whole project and your plan is to scrap it with capitalizing the most you can on the hardcore fans to get back some of the money spent. So 4 albums at the same time would mean that Axl wants to end this... he's either retiring, or starting a new band, or the gates are open for the reuinon... It's only opinion, of course.

well, if you take VR as a case study, it makes perfect sense....the first record will outsell anything else on the market purely due to the novelty of it, and bizareness....the others will sell like shit, because only we will buy them....

this way, if packaged together, they are at least assured of the whole thing being sold well, and possibly even setting some or other record in the music industry....

that way, Axl saves face, the record company saves face and makes money....and considering that they have this monkey off their backs, they can get Slash and Axl back together and go and make some more money come 2010....

sounds like a perfect plan....

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

If they are indeed releasing 4 albums at the same time, it's reunion time 21. Axl's just purging his remaining material to get it out there. Furthermore, they will sell like crap. This ain't 1991 anymore, no-one will fork over €30+ for a 4 record set (and that's being optimistic). It'll be online sales for certain songs only, and everyone knows that the Classic Rock generation mostly buys albums. No hit single, no hit record, nothing.

Alternatively, he'll retire after this (which I don't think he will).

(or maybe he's taking a page out of buckethead's book, and wants to start churning out records at an unbelievable pace bucket)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Please, don't make me break out the FIVE POINTS of why there will NOT be a reunion, again.

And isn't it possible if they do release all the albums that they would do it a month at a time and
not all at once? That would be September, October, November, December. The four months you
really want to release an album(s).

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer