You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: Slash joins Fergie on stage for a rendition of SCOM

dr_love6977 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My point about the bad notes is that we know SLASH DIDN'T HIT ANY BECAUSE THE WAH WASN'T THERE TO COVER UP ANY ERRORS LIKE THE WAH CAN DO WHEN ITS IN ON POSITION.  I wasn't saying that finck uses the wah to cover up errors, I am saying if finck makes an error while using wah, its easier to cover up when the wah is being used.  Do any of you play guitar, or just like to talk about it like you do?

Oh I definitely play guitar. I actually like to consider myself to be pretty good too. Especially at building and setting up a rig. My point is... even if slash uses a rackmount wah with wireless controllers, he's still endorsed by Dunlop and probably has quite a few of his regular wahs sitting around, that could easily (with the addition of one more cable) be put inline.

Also, I don't know if I missed something, but the last thing I read with Adam Day (who is Slash's tech, not Andy or whoever your named,)  said nothing about Slash using a rackmount wah, that he was using a Q with a GE7... which are both inline pedals.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

And for the record, I'm not here to argue with you about Slash's live rig, which is what this has become. I was initially posting because you took this story about Slash playing with Fergie, and used it to take an unnecessary jab at Robin.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My point about the bad notes is that we know SLASH DIDN'T HIT ANY BECAUSE THE WAH WASN'T THERE TO COVER UP ANY ERRORS LIKE THE WAH CAN DO WHEN ITS IN ON POSITION.  I wasn't saying that finck uses the wah to cover up errors, I am saying if finck makes an error while using wah, its easier to cover up when the wah is being used.  Do any of you play guitar, or just like to talk about it like you do?

Oh I definitely play guitar. I actually like to consider myself to be pretty good too. Especially at building and setting up a rig. My point is... even if slash uses a rackmount wah with wireless controllers, he's still endorsed by Dunlop and probably has quite a few of his regular wahs sitting around, that could easily (with the addition of one more cable) be put inline.

Also, I don't know if I missed something, but the last thing I read with Adam Day (who is Slash's tech, not Andy or whoever your named,)  said nothing about Slash using a rackmount wah, that he was using a Q with a GE7... which are both inline pedals.

What the fuck is your point.  He didn't have it there.  So he obviously didn't want to fool with it, forgot it, or it failed.  Now which is it?  My point was that with out wah it sounded good and there was less area for slop.  Agree or not?  You can get a Slash esque tone from any JCM 800 or Silver Jubilee or even a JCM 2000.  I am assuming her guitar player uses a 2000 DSL since its pretty versatile.  I think Finck uses a 2000 as well.  Yes, Adam Day, not Andy.  Point is that he didn't use it more than why he didn't use it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

And for the record, I'm not here to argue with you about Slash's live rig, which is what this has become. I was initially posting because you took this story about Slash playing with Fergie, and used it to take an unnecessary jab at Robin.

Well, I didn't mean it to come off that way.  My point was less room for error with not wah, we can both agree on that.  I also stated later that Robin doesn't use it to cover mistakes, but because there is wah in the song.  And when I said oldschool, I was refering to the live at the ritz show where there was no wah.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i play guitar and i had no idea that song had a wah 16

it doesnt even show him using one in the video hmm

anyway i'm no lead guitarist thats for sure 16

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I now think he had a wah there, but that it wasn't working properly.  At the 5:30 mark is he trying to engage the wah?  Maybe.  Either way, kick ass.  Sorry Dr. Love for my rude posts.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen the new singer of Velvet Revolver. 22

I actually thought Fergie did really well on the song. A studio cover featuring Slash would be awesome. The girl has an amazing set of pipes. Anyone else see her Axl dance and the "Do you know were you are" line at the end of Barracuda. Fucking awesome!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

I actually thought Fergie did really well on the song. A studio cover featuring Slash would be awesome. The girl has an amazing set of pipes. Anyone else see her Axl dance and the "Do you know were you are" line at the end of Barracuda. Fucking awesome!

Please tell me you're joking! 18

Neemo, i don't play guitar and i knew there was wah in the SCOM solo.  16

Slash uses wah quite a bit.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

I sincerely hope not.  She completely ruined the Black Eyed Peas.

Board footer