You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Dizzy tells fan: "Robin still in the band"

Saying NIN sucks is a stupid post - I mean, it's Robin opinion that counts and it's obvious that he prefers NIN's music... watching him live with NIN and live with GN'R will tell you that.

You guys think an inactive GNR is bigger than active NIN? Really? Even if Guns gets more mentions, there usually either jabs, jokes, insults, or about Slash. NIN, on the other hand, is generally appluaded for their forward-thinking marketing plans, have had 3 #1's on the US Modern Rock Tracks since their return in 05, and have gained a lot of publicity for the revolutionary ARG and concept of YZ, the release of Ghosts, and the free giveaway of The Slip.

I won't say NIN's music is amazing anymore, their peak has come and gone like GN'R's, but I guarantee that if CD comes out I'll be able to point to a luandry list of songs from NIN in that 96-08 period that beat the shit out of CD.

Maybe I'm biased as an NIN fan, but I'm also a Guns fan, so I think that makes my head a little clearer than those who simply are Guns fans, and from what I can see: NIN is expected to tour with bigger crowds, fewer cancellations, and better reviews than Guns have had since 93, they are going to continue to release more material that is well liked by fans and critics alike, and they are more respected than New Guns will EVER be.

You can be a full-time member of NIN if you never quit or get fired. Most people just tire of it after a few albums/tours. Robin might tire of it again or he might not, but in any event I don't expect him to ever again play with GnR.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The guitar stuff in NIN is mainly bar chords, there's not really any lead guitar work like that which we get to hear in Robin's new GN'R tracks like Better, The Blues etc.

And last we saw Robin on tour with GN'R he was a long-haired, bearded hippie, I don't know if that suits NIN. But hey, as long as Robin is happy playing, that's the main thing. Maybe he gets a bit like Slash, and just likes to keep himself busy playing instead of waiting around?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

GN'R doesn't have songs that alternate three bars of 7/8 with a bar of 4/4, doesn't have songs in 5/4, doesn't have songs in a ton of time signatures that NIN uses. I don't think Robin cares about solos and his solos within GNR seem to prove my point. NIN utilizes different sounds from a guitar (and other instruments) and allows more growth in a live setting, not to mention they usually use a very impressive light show with their set.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

My point wasn't a diss at NIN at all, I love NIN, but as a guitar player, I think GN'R's music is much more interesting (not to mention much more fun) to play. And I think Robin is quite a good lead guitarist too, especially on his own songs.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Robin is quite a good lead guitarist too, especially on his own songs.

Which songs do you mean??

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Saboteur wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Robin is quite a good lead guitarist too, especially on his own songs.

Which songs do you mean??

His solos in the Blues and Better are up there with some of my fav Slash GN'R solos.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm starting to appreciate his TWAT solo. It kind of gets looked over because of how amazing
Buckethead's is, but damn. The latest leak really showed how nice his solo is in that song.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How do you do an album and tour with NIN "on the side"? NIN is bigger than new GNR.

Try again Dizzy.

Well from what I know of NIN, doesn't Trent and the drummer just kinda record everything themselves then get a few other musicians to play during tours?

Board footer