You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Re: Dizzy tells fan: "Robin still in the band"

Arcade Roses wrote:

Feel free to merge this with the other thread if need be.:)

Another one that somewhat 'slipped under the radar' - if confirmed.

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/g … 560.0.html

Dizzy had told me that Robin was still in the band, just doing Nine Inch Nails on the side
Take that for what it's worth

Will ask him to send me the e-mail/message for confirmation.  Others can do the same.  Kudos.:mosh:

I wonder if Robin's told Dizzy he's still on board?  (Maybe now that the album *seems* to be about to come out with one genuine 'song launch' ('SR')?)  If so - good news.:mosh:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

How do you do an album and tour with NIN "on the side"? NIN is bigger than new GNR.

Try again Dizzy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

hmm...the gnr.com take on the situation wasnt so sure...albeit that was a while ago now...maybe things have been cleared up recently

also Ron & Rich have alluded to the fact that he is still "in" ... as usual i dunno what to thing about this band 17

thansk for posting arcade  5

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How do you do an album and tour with NIN "on the side"? NIN is bigger than new GNR.

Try again Dizzy.

The return of Guns N' Roses will overshadow yet another NIИ effort, surely?

The 'Chinese Democracy' album itself - with the album name itself - so mythical and wanted after all the years - will surely surpass NIИ in the short-term too?

Of course - all these things are short-term only; unless, as has been suggested elsewhere, GN'R goes the way of U2, the Stones, and other bands.  Could work IMHO - and there's enough material for it (or so we hear).

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
Neemo wrote:

hmm...the gnr.com take on the situation wasnt so sure...albeit that was a while ago now...maybe things have been cleared up recently

It is insanely out of date.  If they say 'a week is a long time in politics', what is a few months in GN'R politics?  (Mind you, what's '14 years' (not the song)?  A couple of years, as standard between albums (for most normal bands)?  LOL....)

Not knocking Axl or the 'creative process': it just has to be said.

Neemo wrote:

also Ron & Rich have alluded to the fact that he is still "in" ... as usual i dunno what to thing about this band 17

Point noted.:)

By the way I still have the verify this with the guy.:)  But there you got that's what was (supposedly(?)) said.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I thought it was standard GN'R policy to either deny or ignore everything until it's overwhelmingly obvious to the contrary what is really going on.

Great example was Beta's interview to (was it classic rock?), where she said "the album is done, everybody knows that".

I must have missed the official memo that came out saying that album was done???  Everyone just joined the dots and eventually deduced that it was likely it was done.

I'm not saying Robin couldn't come back - but I really think the offical line is "Robin is still in the band" - but the reality is they have no idea whether he will be coming back or not.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Try again Dizzy.

The return of Guns N' Roses will overshadow yet another NI? effort, surely?

Nope. Not in terms of touring at least. There is no chance that new GN'R can tour NA and sell better than NIN. Also little chance that they could do better by critics, play a more interesting show from a performer's perspective, or get more recording underway sooner.

Robin's gone.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Eh but NIN sucks.

Wait and see with this one. I'd much rather see Buckethead return than Robin.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Arcade Roses

Arcade Roses wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Nope. Not in terms of touring at least. There is no chance that new GN'R can tour NA and sell better than NIN. Also little chance that they could do better by critics, play a more interesting show from a performer's perspective, or get more recording underway sooner.

Robin's gone.

And, unlike NIИ, U2, Stones, and others, there is a great risk - in my honest view - certainly in terms of the trends these in particular 'returning' artists have done commercially in the UK - that this whole 'grand master plan/comeback' thing could be just forgotten about as early as the first single.  I'm serious.  This happens all the time with our/other peoples' music.  Four/a trilogy of albums by GN'R won't change that - even if the material is as good as 'CITR' - when they will become 'buried' - unlike the admittedly more 'venerable' bands like U2 and co. that just manage to live on and on (however much their music may generally suck now).  Even the most prolific modern acts like NIИ manage it - although their music gets very little airplay in the UK.  I trust my earlier comments about the modern 'way' of marketing bands/approaching their music/etc. (if that all makes sense) is the same in America, too, right?  (From reading what people have been posting about it around the boards re. expectations for the new band, etc., it's very true the other side of the pond.)

These are modern standards.  This is a band that (albeit out of no fault of their/his own) waited 14 years (or circa).  I understand the creative process - but also the commercial... expectations, and such, of the world today, if that makes sense.:)

Board footer