You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: The X-FILES Thread

BLS-Pride wrote:

Can't fucking wait. The inner nerd in me ia raging.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Gillian still looking good. Hopefully they understand why the last film was such a stinker and go back to the roots.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm ashamed to admit that I never really got into to this show...maybe seen a handful of episodes during the original run

I watched the first 3 episodes on Netflix last night...acting has come a long way since 1993...lol

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm assuming this retcons or ignores the final season. If you've seen the final episode, you'd know at least one character in the trailer is dead and not in an ambiguous way.

Looking forward to this, but I still wish they had finished of the Myth arc properly with one of the films. The 2nd didn't make much sense in terms of continuity with the series either.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm incredibly devastated as a fan. Just watched the first episode, I grew up watching the series and watched the old Myth Arch episodes multiple times even in the later weaker seasons.

I had no idea what was going on in that first episode? Is this a fucking reboot, what is or isn't cannon? Did everything past season 5 not happen?

Why couldn't they have just made a mini-series, done a few myth arc episodes set in 2012 after "The Truth" to wrap things up. Then a few non myth arc episodes set before season 8 when they were still the team.

It's a mess, I waited years for this? It was one of my most favorite TV shows ever sad. The CGI was awful too, pacing weird and dialogue clumsy.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Haven't watched yet, but all indications are the monster episodes are better.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm assuming this retcons or ignores the final season. If you've seen the final episode, you'd know at least one character in the trailer is dead and not in an ambiguous way.

Looking forward to this, but I still wish they had finished of the Myth arc properly with one of the films. The 2nd didn't make much sense in terms of continuity with the series either.

Just as well when you end up with

Hidden Text:

an Alien race conquering the Universe

as your mythos. Like, where do your characters go in face of that?

Watching the new series tonight. Hearing very good things about it.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Like, where do your characters go in face of that?

Hence the intrigue!

polluxlm wrote:

Watching the new series tonight. Hearing very good things about it.

Not the new Myth Arc one "My Struggle" anyway tongue.

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Gillian still looking good. Hopefully they understand why the last film was such a stinker and go back to the roots.

Did you watch Hannibal?
You should watch Hannibal.

Weird first ep but I'm willing to wait & judge after a while. A lot of shows start great & quickly turn shit while other shows start off shakey only to turn out ok..

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I liked it alot. I felt it was better than I expected. I didn't follow X Files to a T, nor did I catch the last movie.  I liked it was a good recap of the original show (for those not interested in bingeing it), and set itself up for the season.

A few things myb I didn't like, I'll probably rewatch the episode but overall thought it was good.  Better than that Wayward Pines last summer on Fox, which I had hopes for but it just lost me a few eps in.

Board footer