You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The X-FILES Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Cool, I didn't realize it was out already. Surprised they didn't wait another week ro two for Batman to die down.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I didn't know it was out yet either. Like you guys said, pretty dumb to release this while another film is breaking records.

This film would have been a good one to end the summer blockbuster season.

Should have been released late august.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Saw it earlier today. The X-Files is my favorite "dramatic" show ever, so I'd been looking forward to this one for awhile. I liked it a lot. It's a great mystery-thriller, so I had a blast. Like it's been said, this reminded me way more of an actual episode than the first movie did. Not that I don't love the first movie. Totally different experience. For anyone who was/is an X-Files fan, it was like hanging out with a bunch of old friends watching this movie. Recommended.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
von wrote:

Saw it earlier today. The X-Files is my favorite "dramatic" show ever, so I'd been looking forward to this one for awhile. I liked it a lot. It's a great mystery-thriller, so I had a blast. Like it's been said, this reminded me way more of an actual episode than the first movie did. Not that I don't love the first movie. Totally different experience. For anyone who was/is an X-Files fan, it was like hanging out with a bunch of old friends watching this movie. Recommended.

I'll have to check it out. I always preferred those "stand alone" episodes over the alien conspiracy crap. Have nothing against alien conspiracies, but it reached a point where you could tell they were just making it up as they went along and there was no real vision behind it.

Series should have ended at season 3. What few ideas Carter had left went to Millennium anyways.

Von

Von wrote:

MillenniuM was a masterpiece.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Nah I disagree James, I think it was good up until the end of Season 7.

Von

Von wrote:

I'm with Tommie in the season 7 camp on this one. Come to think of it, so are most of my friends who are fans. Yes, we talk about it 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Didn't have a chance to see it today. Planning on seeing it though.

As for the show, it jumped the shark with the first film. Season 6 started a bit hit and miss. Killing off the syndicate mid-season was a HUGE mistake, leaving the alien mythology lost for a couple years. The stand alone's also started to be hit & miss. Season 7 was horrible. Horrible in every sense of the word. I can only remember a few episodes that were strong. Ducovney seemed to also start phoning it in. Season 8 breathed very refreshing air into the series both on the mythology front & stand-alone front with the introduction of Doggett which create a new and at the time, interesting dynamic. Season 9 however took all of that fresh start and flushed it down the toilet, and the entire season just was very tired and a shell of it's former self. Carter wasn't even trying anymore.

It's good to hear the new film is good. By Season 9 the stand alone's were weak.

One question that's killing me before I go see it...

Do they address ANYTHING from the end of the series? Characters, situations, stories? Or do they just ignore it, and pretend like it never happened?

Board footer