You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Stuck Inside

monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

It's a Sebastian Bach album, mainstream radio and rock will ignore it, like how they ignore GN'R. Rock-based radio stations and publications- will probably like it.

I agree totaly. People who like the hard rock sound (like myself) will like it and people who don't will ignore it rather than bash it much because they just dont pay any attention to the 'has been' rock music scene. I think it would be riskier if it was experemental in some way - as then it would prob get ignored by the popular music scene and then rejected by fans of the old school rock.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

It's a Sebastian Bach album, mainstream radio and rock will ignore it, like how they ignore GN'R. Rock-based radio stations and publications- will probably like it.

I agree totaly. People who like the hard rock sound (like myself) will like it and people who don't will ignore it rather than bash it much because they just dont pay any attention to the 'has been' rock music scene. I think it would be riskier if it was experemental in some way - as then it would prob get ignored by the popular music scene and then rejected by fans of the old school rock.

Exactly. He's making music for his fans and fans of this music. He isn't trying to break new ground. It's so tiring to hear people and their fucked up expectations and when they aren't reached it's automatically considered trash.

Communist China wrote:

I don't get the haters.

I do.. its the same people everytime.  I could have made a list a month before this leaked of the people who wouldn't have liked this track regardless.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

This song sucks, theres no good melody. Face it, regardless of Axl, this is a shitty song.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I don't get the haters.

I do.. its the same people everytime.  I could have made a list a month before this leaked of the people who wouldn't have liked this track regardless.

Yep.  I could have made the list of those that would love it no matter what too.  What's your point?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Exactly. He's making music for his fans and fans of this music. He isn't trying to break new ground. It's so tiring to hear people and their fucked up expectations and when they aren't reached it's automatically considered trash.

I agree.  This song is just some good old rock, and to me Baz doesn't really sound overly dated on it.  This song isn't something spectacularly new, but it's not horrible either.  It's a pretty standard rock track i think.

yea, considering the quality of other rock music thats out today, I think this is pretty damn good.  smile

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Man what is up with constantly expressing how bad you think the song is?

I'm all up for one or two posts explaining your opinion, but damn, we get it. Lol.

This is definitely NOT going to affect Axl or the GNR situation at all. The way some of you guys talk make it sound like if you thought the songs were good Axl would personally notice and release Chinese Democracy ASAP. Axl was doing his friend a favor and having fun singing on another album. There is no way any negative reviews are going to affect Axl or the Chinese Democracy situation because there arent going to be any serious reviews that say "Axl was the reason this album sucked"... to be honest I doubt the reviews will mention Axl very much at all other than "Now if we could only get Chinese Democracy." And if you think THAT is going to make him "feel bad" and thus further delay the record, you're retarded! Lol. Axl did it for fun and the tracks sound fine for what they are.

-Jack- wrote:

Man what is up with constantly expressing how bad you think the song is?

I'm all up for one or two posts explaining your opinion, but damn, we get it. Lol.

This is definitely NOT going to affect Axl or the GNR situation at all. The way some of you guys talk make it sound like if you thought the songs were good Axl would personally notice and release Chinese Democracy ASAP. Axl was doing his friend a favor and having fun singing on another album. There is no way any negative reviews are going to affect Axl or the Chinese Democracy situation because there arent going to be any serious reviews that say "Axl was the reason this album sucked"... to be honest I doubt the reviews will mention Axl very much at all other than "Now if we could only get Chinese Democracy." And if you think THAT is going to make him "feel bad" and thus further delay the record, you're retarded! Lol. Axl did it for fun and the tracks sound fine for what they are.

quoted for truth..

some people need to read what Axl himself said about the whole thing one more time.

Axl wrote:

Bas asked me to sing on his new record, "Angel Down," and I agreed and came down to his studio where he played me the tracks. I really liked the title/opening track, "Angel Down," but I didn't feel that it would be right to be on that one, although, of course, it would've been cool because it's a great rip-your-head-off track!!

Since this session was rather a more fun atmosphere, the tracks I sang on kind of showed themselves and were also done out of curiosity on the part of Bas, myself, and his producer, Roy Z, just to see if my involvement brought something that worked for the tracks.

Bas really wanted me on "Bitchslap," and I got to try my own ideas on it. We're not saying much about the second track, as it may be taken a bit further, and when Bas played the third track, "Stuck Inside," he suggested a kind of call-and-answer part. They allowed me the freedom to write my own words and melodies, and although it's only a couple of lines, it really felt great. The song has such a mean riff, and Bas' guys were so supportive in so many ways on tour and fun to hang with, that it was great to be a part of something of theirs and I think it really came out strong.

For me, the three songs together are a good package. They are all different, with different approaches and styles from each other and from material I have on the upcoming Guns N' Roses record. For me, the timing couldn't be better and I'm quite surprised to be on one song, let alone three!!!

Bas really knew where he saw my involvement on his album and had different options in mind. He knew what seemed obvious, what would be fun, what would work for his album and what he felt I would like. I really liked the energy of the tracks and since I'm rarely asked to do anything I'd actually enjoy or be glad to be a part of, I'm more than grateful for the opportunity and hope the fans get a kick out of it as well.

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article. … &fext=.jsp

Board footer