You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Stuck Inside

metallex78 wrote:

While not groundbreaking, this doesn't sound like 80's to me.
It sounds like early-mid 90's metal that Skid Row made on Slave To The Grind and Subhuman Race. And I think it stands up to that stuff that Skid Row did on those albums too, which is really good to hear, especially when Skid Row without Baz leaves allot to be desired...

It probably won't get allot of radio play, but it'll certainly get allot of spins in my car and by others who appreciate good music like this in this genre.

metallex78 wrote:

While not groundbreaking, this doesn't sound like 80's to me.
It sounds like early-mid 90's metal that Skid Row made on Slave To The Grind and Subhuman Race. And I think it stands up to that stuff that Skid Row did on those albums too, which is really good to hear, especially when Skid Row without Baz leaves allot to be desired...

It probably won't get allot of radio play, but it'll certainly get allot of spins in my car and by others who appreciate good music like this in this genre.

yea this definitely stands up to old skid row.. and i agree, skid row today sucks pretty bad sad   i checked out their myspace page and they did a punk remake of one of their classic songs and it was horrid  17 

he is definitely bigger than Skid Row is without him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

yea this definitely stands up to old skid row.. and i agree, skid row today sucks pretty bad sad   i checked out their myspace page and they did a punk remake of one of their classic songs and it was horrid  17 

I always wondered why there was so much animosity between Baz and Skid Row. Its not like they were GNR and it just got so huge that an implosion was inevitable. They had a pretty kick ass couple years and then went quiet during grunge. Released Subhuman Race which few cared about, but it was no reason to split. I read a long time ago it had something to do with Baz wanting to write more songs and Sabo and Bolan refused, but its got to go deeper than that.

Either way, the Skids made a mistake letting him go. They still had at least one kick ass album left in them. Now we'll never know.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I always wondered why there was so much animosity between Baz and Skid Row. Its not like they were GNR and it just got so huge that an implosion was inevitable. They had a pretty kick ass couple years and then went quiet during grunge. Released Subhuman Race which few cared about, but it was no reason to split. I read a long time ago it had something to do with Baz wanting to write more songs and Sabo and Bolan refused, but its got to go deeper than that.

Either way, the Skids made a mistake letting him go. They still had at least one kick ass album left in them. Now we'll never know.

I think it was their manager Doc Mcghee's fault

AtariLegend wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Man what is up with constantly expressing how bad you think the song is?

I'm all up for one or two posts explaining your opinion, but damn, we get it. Lol.

This is definitely NOT going to affect Axl or the GNR situation at all. The way some of you guys talk make it sound like if you thought the songs were good Axl would personally notice and release Chinese Democracy ASAP. Axl was doing his friend a favor and having fun singing on another album. There is no way any negative reviews are going to affect Axl or the Chinese Democracy situation because there arent going to be any serious reviews that say "Axl was the reason this album sucked"... to be honest I doubt the reviews will mention Axl very much at all other than "Now if we could only get Chinese Democracy." And if you think THAT is going to make him "feel bad" and thus further delay the record, you're retarded! Lol. Axl did it for fun and the tracks sound fine for what they are.

I'm going to have to go against the flow, it won't be good for Axl... "Chinese Democracy" will always be mentioned more than Sebastian Bach in reviews for "Angel Down" in quite a few major music publications.

It doesn't matter how good his album is or not, as none of his music is relevant today.

...And although the same might be said about "Chinese Democracy"... the fact is thats its alot bigger than anything Bach will ever do. Bad reviews for this mean its bad for Axl, because thats the way media does things.

Baz is more relevant than people want to admit.  even if its for his status as a reality TV star.   I think some people will be surprised when this album actually sells.   The material is strong enough and he's been in the media and on MTV TRL and all that.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm going to have to go against the flow, it won't be good for Axl... "Chinese Democracy" will always be mentioned more than Sebastian Bach in reviews for "Angel Down" in quite a few major music publications.

It doesn't matter how good his album is or not, as none of his music is relevant today.

...And although the same might be said about "Chinese Democracy"... the fact is thats its alot bigger than anything Bach will ever do. Bad reviews for this mean its bad for Axl, because thats the way media does things.

I'm glad somebody gets it.  5

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Baz is more relevant than people want to admit.  even if its for his status as a reality TV star.   I think some people will be surprised when this album actually sells.   The material is strong enough and he's been in the media and on MTV TRL and all that.

It isn't Baz that's necessarily irrelevant, it's his music.  The guy can't write a song to save his life and he doesn't appear to know what year it is.  As much as I'm still not convinced he's the perfect fit for them, it's becoming more and more obvious why VR went with Scott.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What does it mean when I as a fan of Axl and GNR don't even care enough to download this?

Board footer