You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Re: New Bumblefoot interview in Classic Rock

Big Gun wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

oh dear...album not finished?

Thats me reading between the lines, but when a guy who is on the album cant even say its finished and instead has to spew the party line, its either not finished or he doesn't know its current status.

no, it's not coz of you. that's what i thought after reading the interview. i dont see the logic here - he doesnt answer the question about the album being finished but says the album it's in negotiations?

english is not my first language but that was a pretty simple question regarding the album(the interviewer asked if the album is finished not when is coming out).

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

oh dear...album not finished?

Thats me reading between the lines, but when a guy who is on the album cant even say its finished and instead has to spew the party line, its either not finished or he doesn't know its current status.

Bumble doesn't want to be in trouble. In the Axl Rose world nothing's finished till it gets released. Sometimes it turns out that even the released material was unfinished.

Anyway, I'm starting to doubt the album will come out this year.

i dont see why bbf would get in trouble saying the album is done. i thought everybody knew the album was finished late last year. 16

you're in doubt about this year - i'm saying it's not coming out this year.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm more bothered by the band's (Axl's) stance that the internet fanbase is part of the problem.  Does he not realize that if there were no internet fanbase, there would be no more Guns N' Roses?  Or is that why it's a problem?  Maybe he'd just rather it all be over.

Sky Dog wrote:

Big Gun, nothing is ever done in the world of Axl Rose.:headbang:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

his answer about the status of the album doesn't sound promising. i wonder if the label has issues with the songs - either number of songs, quality of the songs, etc. They may be pushing Axl to include some of the songs he is saving for future albums.

also, the comment about shackler's revenge ("about to be heard") seems as if there may not be any plans for an official release.

obviously, i'm just making wild guesses here, which is all any of us can do.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

i dont see the logic here - he doesnt answer the question about the album being finished but says the album it's in negotiations?

I think the logic was simply that bumble doesn't want to be the one to say something new or phrase it other than ways that have been heard before. And frankly...I don't blame him - he already does a lot PR wise - and it isn't fair for him to have to be the spokesman on issues that are out of his control - it's up to Axl and the label when the record is done and when it's released. He says in this interview he gets death threats and stuff over GNR. I mean - lets face it - anything he says is likely to become untrue in the course of time - even if it was true when he said it. I mean was tommy lying when he said he heard the final mix in 04? Doubt it...just the plans changed. So there's no point bumble saying he knows the record is finished...when the negotiations with the label could fall through, and axl may suddenly write a new song he thinks is the best ever opener to a new record and re-do it all for 2011...anything is possible. But if he does comment - all he does is risk looking like a tool to fans when somethign like this happens, or angering the fanbase in general - much of which is already hostile to him - or worse still - phrasing it in a way thats sirs up a mess that upsets Axl and gets him thrown out of the band. There's basicly no upside for bumble to even try and explain what is going on...so i think he thought about it..and figured it was best to just say what we already know that's been said before..rather than cop the heat for saying something new. I would do the same.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm more bothered by the band's (Axl's) stance that the internet fanbase is part of the problem.

I agree it can seem like that at times. I guess part of the issue though is that we don't really know what the delay is (assuming that there IS a business style delay like they tell us). It's possible that if it is some kind of money standoff between the label and axl that leaking tracks might tip the cards of one player or the other.

I mean axl basicly said we only got to year twat, irs, and better live because they had leaked...imagine if better had never been heard...it might have been going to be a surprise single or soemthing..but now the label may not be so sure about the idea given its at least a few years old and already played live loads. I'm not saying a lot of these delays and stuff arn't the bands fault. And of course as fans we're dying for new music and obviously going to download it when we get a chance. But I can see poential comercial situations where leaks could interfere with negotiations. I mean yeah they create buzz, but they also have some negative effects...(much as I personally love leaks!)

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Not a bad interview at all. About as good of an interview as we can hope for that doesn't involve a member getting fired.

I hope Ron is on all the rhythm parts, he called the ones on the demos stale a year or two ago and I think that's true, and their staleness has been a major problem. So-so rhythm playing will get overpowered by synths, drum machines and Axl's helium voice, but real hard-egded rhythm that Ron's doing will make things feel more rock-oriented.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Not a bad interview at all. About as good of an interview as we can hope for that doesn't involve a member getting fired.

I hope Ron is on all the rhythm parts, he called the ones on the demos stale a year or two ago and I think that's true, and their staleness has been a major problem. So-so rhythm playing will get overpowered by synths, drum machines and Axl's helium voice, but real hard-egded rhythm that Ron's doing will make things feel more rock-oriented.

Someone definently needs to put some balls back in the rythym parts.  I find the older version of Better a lot harder than the newer ones that got drowned out in synth.  Maybe Ron can put the balls back in that song.

Board footer