You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Re: New Bumblefoot interview in Classic Rock

Dreamline wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Funny that he bitches about fans because they "don't want to know the truth", then immediately proceeds to running around in his own circles.

James, you know I have utmost respect for ya, but I think you're dishonestly taking this quote out of context.  Is it any wonder nobody wants to talk when their every word gets disected and often twisted out of context.

Article wrote:

Do you read some of the things that are printed about him and think, "What a load of shit"?
All the time. It makes me laugh. But people don't want the truth. They want to be entertained. They invent things, or they embellish. Anything to feed the fire. Some of them are definitely trying live vicariously.

He said this in direct response to a question about the things that are said about Axl.  He also says later that he does blame the fans for wanting to know stuff and for wanting to hear the new music.   I always found Ron to be a really down-to-earth guy and I think maybe he identifies with us more than any of the other members or band staff.  As a musician and lover of music, he gets why we jump on leaks and are so rabid to find out anything we can.  However, he is also a professional in a professional role.  He has responsibilities to the band and has to balance that with his urge to "brighten[ing] someone's day by shooting them a message if they're written."

Maybe I'm being too naive or too optimistic, but at least in this interview, I took his comments to mean that something really is on the verge of starting and any secrecy or dodging of questions that he did was because he is also excited and doesn't want to ruin the excitement to come.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Funny that he bitches about fans because they "don't want to know the truth", then immediately proceeds to running around in his own circles.

James, you know I have utmost respect for ya, but I think you're dishonestly taking this quote out of context.  Is it any wonder nobody wants to talk when their every word gets disected and often twisted out of context.

He knew going in what kind of situation he was walking into. He joined a band that gives no info, tries to continually build on a mystery no longer there, has a continuous revolving door(which will eventually hit him), and he thinks we "don't want the truth"?

Please.

As a musician and lover of music, he gets why we jump on leaks and are so rabid to find out anything we can.  However, he is also a professional in a professional role.  He has responsibilities to the band and has to balance that with his urge to "brighten[ing] someone's day by shooting them a message if they're written."

If he "gets it", why does he go on to say that leaks will basically just delay things? Leaks speed things up, not slow things down. Its mind boggling that we're all supposed to live in a topsy turvy world just so everything falls into place when these guys make statements.

I took his comments to mean that something really is on the verge of starting and any secrecy or dodging of questions that he did was because he is also excited and doesn't want to ruin the excitement to come.

Other than the Shackler mention, everything said regarding CD is something he said in 2006.

No one said he isn't fan friendly. Strange how everything related to him always goes back to that. Its like you aren't supposed to have any comments that could be construed in a negative light because he says hi to fans. Is that really his only leg to stand on? Let me rephrase that. Is that the only leg his hardcore fans have to stand on?

If Bucket was back and said people don't want the truth(regardless of the context its used in), people at all these sites would be demanding he immediately be fired. Ron does it and its a walk in the park.

If he isn't gonna be a part of the promotional aspects and cant say anything, fine. Just don't insult the intelligence of fans who have followed this saga from the beginning. Especially when you walked into the game with two minutes left in the fourth quarter.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He knew going in what kind of situation he was walking into. He joined a band that gives no info, tries to continually build on a mystery no longer there, has a continuous revolving door(which will eventually hit him), and he thinks we "don't want the truth"?

Please.

so what would you rather have him do? leave? or don't join the band at all when he was asked? and anybody that is a member of this band should leave if they aren't allowed to speak freely? we'd have no members left. it would be axl and his computer. he says as much as he can without getting his ass kicked.

James Lofton wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

As a musician and lover of music, he gets why we jump on leaks and are so rabid to find out anything we can.  However, he is also a professional in a professional role.  He has responsibilities to the band and has to balance that with his urge to "brighten[ing] someone's day by shooting them a message if they're written."

If he "gets it", why does he go on to say that leaks will basically just delay things? Leaks speed things up, not slow things down. Its mind boggling that we're all supposed to live in a topsy turvy world just so everything falls into place when these guys make statements.

are you sure leaks speed things up? what if the label said they don't want the leaked tracks or some of them on the album? is that not a delay?

James Lofton wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

I took his comments to mean that something really is on the verge of starting and any secrecy or dodging of questions that he did was because he is also excited and doesn't want to ruin the excitement to come.

Other than the Shackler mention, everything said regarding CD is something he said in 2006.

he never said in 2006 he recorded all the rhythm tracks on cd and some solos. plus work on future songs. sure, we could've assumed he did, but no one knew for sure what exactly he did on the album.

James Lofton wrote:

If Bucket was back and said people don't want the truth(regardless of the context its used in), people at all these sites would be demanding he immediately be fired. Ron does it and its a walk in the park.

nobody here brought bucket into discussion and what he would say and what he would do. i don't care about people at other sites. i don't visit them anymore 13

James Lofton wrote:

If he isn't gonna be a part of the promotional aspects and cant say anything, fine. Just don't insult the intelligence of fans who have followed this saga from the beginning. Especially when you walked into the game with two minutes left in the fourth quarter.

he's the only part of the promotion of this band right now. no one talks to the fans. we get a "press release" stating a new gnr song will be on rock band 2. like we don't have crazy people who stay online searching for every tidbit of gnr info that already knew about the song.

would you have rather had him pull a fortus and go "no comment" on every gnr question? he said something about his new cd because he was asked, then he said as much as he could about gnr. this was an interview with a mainstream magazine, read by your average joe. the average joe doesn't go to gnr forums every day and he doesn't know about the state of cd because the average joe has other bands that release albums constantly.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Please.

he said that people would like to belive something more entertaining that whats actually happening. I can believe that aside from this site and a few scattered posters among the forums...not too many gnr fans are ground in reality

-CD is a huge cospiracy that axl has dreamed up
-he is waitign for a pspecial date to release tha album
-he has more integrity than other bands because he stays quiet
-cd will bring world peace
-cd will sell 10million copies the first week
-he goes on late cuz he is more rock n roll than anyone else

there are tons more as we all know, and most of it is fabricated well wishing

axl is just a dude who is trying to release an album, who has massive shoes to fill and takes his sweet ass time to do anything

Sky Dog wrote:

Did I tell you that I bought three early 70's Elton John classic albums? 22 Wow.....he actually was pretty incredible and Buckmaster absolutely rules on Tumleweed Connection and Madman Across The Water.....oh yeah, Ron is a good guy and is a positive for the band.:thumbup:

James

James wrote:

so what would you rather have him do? leave? or don't join the band at all when he was asked? and anybody that is a member of this band should leave if they aren't allowed to speak freely? we'd have no members left. it would be axl and his computer.

Isn't that what it always boils down to anyways? Can you name me one constant in this project from 1997-2008 not named Axl? Dizzy doesn't count, he's obviously a minimal contributor and mainly there for the ride.

are you sure leaks speed things up? what if the label said they don't want the leaked tracks or some of them on the album? is that not a delay?

Well it speeds things up for big acts such as U2, so I don't know why GNR always conveniently get an asterisk next to their name regarding every subject.

These tracks are years old, and if the label is shocked that Axl walks in yet again with The Blues, I don't know what to tell you.

he never said in 2006 he recorded all the rhythm tracks on cd and some solos. plus work on future songs. sure, we could've assumed he did, but no one knew for sure what exactly he did on the album.

I guess you missed our chats with Bumblefoot in 2006/07. Its common knowledge here that this info isn't new.

nobody here brought bucket into discussion and what he would say and what he would do. i don't care about people at other sites. i don't visit them anymore

I never said anyone brought him into the discussion. I did obviously, and did so to use as an example.

he's the only part of the promotion of this band right now.

That's a scary thought.

would you have rather had him pull a fortus and go "no comment" on every gnr question?

If he cant answer a legitimate question, then the answer to that would be yes.

he said that people would like to belive something more entertaining that whats actually happening. I can believe that aside from this site and a few scattered posters among the forums...not too many gnr fans are ground in reality

Do you know why they aren't "ground in reality"? Because GNR members cant answer simple questions.

We're weeks away from this track and potentially hours/days from it leaking, and no one in the band has been authorized to even discuss it. You think that's solid promotion?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

www.chinesedemocracy.com did an interview with Bumble... He sounds even less promising than in the CR article

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/g … 816.0.html

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Bumblefoot wrote:

When I was obsessing over mixing the Normal CD, someone gave me the advice that was given to them when they were obsessing over their CD.  Their producer said "Do you know when an album is done?"  No, when?  "When you stop working on it."   An album is never done, you just pick a point where you say 'ok, I can't stay in this place any longer, it's eating my insides' and you *let go*.

Thanks, Axl. You finally figured it out. 22

James

James wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

www.chinesedemocracy.com did an interview with Bumble... He sounds even less promising than in the CR article

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/g … 816.0.html

Actually, that interview is pretty good. A few standouts...

22.   SHACKLER'S REVENGE did you take part in the making of? Explain

I played on it, I came up with what I played, but all the songs were around from before I was - credit goes to everyone who put years into this stuff.

Cool he confirms he's on it, but I do find it funny that he has to make sure and let people know he actually wrote what he played. Anyone who still denies the shadow of Bucket over this project needs to take a closer look at that statement.

Cool that he actually gives credit to those before him. I think thats a first from anyone in the project.

I didn't have a copy of the songs, so I'd listen on someone's laptop at rehearsal, take some notes, then go into the next room and try to remember the TWAT solo note-for-note, or the arrangement to Rhiad.  First few shows were about making sure the music was right, didn't want to botch the songs up on ya's.

I think its extremely pathetic that he was not given proper recordings of the songs to learn. Really shows how amateurish this whole thing has been. How do you not allow your guitarist to properly learn some difficult songs?

I didn't realize that the "old GNR" printed their own money, and nobody had to pay anyone...!   I think those people are very naive, and are blinded by their own perception.  How can you say a bassist, for example, who's been in the band a dozen years, who wrote music, played on the recordings and did tours, is just a "hired hand?"  There are people who won't acknowledge "new GnR" until Chinese is released, there are people that won't acknowledge "new GnR" as any kind of GnR - if they were Fleetwood Mac fans, they wouldn't acknowledge anything with Buckingham and Nicks no matter how monumental the Rumours album was, because it wasn't the original line-up.  If they can't handle change, their loss, they're missing out.  But if they ever decide they wanna give it a shot, they know where to find us, it's cool.

You just don't get it.

GNR embodied a way of life in an era long gone for a lot of people, and you think you can wrap it up all nice and neat to suit your needs? "Can't handle change"? Is that a joke? This fanbase has handled all sorts of change over the past 17 years.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I didn't read anything bad or less promising. It's the same ole side steppin answers about CD.

It's real hard to believe he didn't sign a confidentiality agreement, but I'm not going to call the
guy a liar.

Board footer