You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Madden 2009

James wrote:

What a fucked up move putting Favre on the cover.

Considering how the league wanted the universe to suck Romo's cock last year, I'm surprised he didn't get the cover.

Someone from the Giants should have been on the cover.

I got bored with Madden awhile back.

EA seemed to just churn at the same thing every year with new rosters, it became boring after awhile. Hopefully they've changed some things up just for a breath of fresh air.

I was never a huge Madden fan either. I preferred the 2k games. Only downside of the 2k series was it was too easy to run the ball. As long as you ran consistently, you could never lose. In every other category, 2k blew Madden away.

I agree that Madden never really does anything spectacular. They don't have to though. Madden has exclusive NFL rights.

Madden 2008 was a great game though. Other than NFL2k5, probably the best football game ever.

I probably wont be buying this. I don't play games enough anymore to warrant sixty dollar purchases. I'll probably rent it a couple times though.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Early returns are positive.  It seems that the game will adjust to you.  Only played 2 games so far.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

What a fucked up move putting Favre on the cover.

Madden 2008 was a great game though. Other than NFL2k5, probably the best football game ever.

I probably wont be buying this. I don't play games enough anymore to warrant sixty dollar purchases. I'll probably rent it a couple times though.

Yes!!!!! 2k5 was the best football game period. Instead of trying to make Madden better, EA just went out and goy the exclusive rights to the NFL. Just think of the rivalry and great football games we would have from both sides if EA hadn't done what they did.

James

James wrote:

I understand why the NFL offered exclusive rights. The gaming industry was being flooded with NFL games, and some of them were downright horrid.

Madden
Gameday
Quarterback Club
that XBOX only game(forgot the name)
Tecmo(which still had atari like graphics in the late 90s)

Probably a few I forgot. That XBOX game was like an arcade game, and Tecmo was a joke. Gameday was ok but was practically a ripoff of Quarterback Club.

NFL had to do something, and since Madden had been a success since Super NES, they chose that one.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i refuse to by sports games cuz i play them like twice and then they collect dust

alexh0618

alexh0618 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I understand why the NFL offered exclusive rights. The gaming industry was being flooded with NFL games, and some of them were downright horrid.

Madden
Gameday
Quarterback Club
that XBOX only game(forgot the name)

Probably a few I forgot. That XBOX game was like an arcade game, and Tecmo was a joke. Gameday was ok but was practically a ripoff of Quarterback Club.

NFL had to do something, and since Madden had been a success since Super NES, they chose that one.

I agree with you there but I wish that the 2k series had the NFL rights too. 2k5 was the best football game to ever come out. I still play it every once in awhile when I get sick of Madden and I have never gone back and played a previous year's Madden.

James

James wrote:

2k should have got an exclusive deal with the first 2k game on Dreamcast. It was light years ahead of every football game, and was as cutting edge as you could get. I remember when buying that how I sat in front of the TV in awe and couldn't hardly believe a game was that realistic.

2k got a bit lazy though. They coasted on that success and didn't really do any major changes until 2k5, which they knew was pretty much their last game.

2k is back with a fake league, but its a bit too arcadish for my tastes.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I can't hear Tecmo Bowl without thinking of this story:

When the Titans were in the Super Bowl, their kicker was Al Del Greco.

A friend of mine heard that during a game and yelled "Al Del Greco, he's old as hell.  Seriously, He was in the original Tecmo Bowl".

I just think it's funny how much games have infiltrated their way into sports culture in the last 20 years or so.  Sometimes when talking to someone about football, they'll make references where you can tell that a lot of thier football experience is specifically from games, more recently Madden specifically, for obvious reasons.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

This is the 20th anniversary of Madden and SUPPOSEDLY (from several reviews I've read) this game is the most worthy of your money since the 92 version.  I'm going to get it tomorrow or next payday.  I bought the college game and I can tell you it is MUCH better than any of the previous games other than the fact you can't build your own stadium.

alexh0618

alexh0618 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

This is the 20th anniversary of Madden and SUPPOSEDLY (from several reviews I've read) this game is the most worthy of your money since the 92 version.  I'm going to get it tomorrow or next payday.  I bought the college game and I can tell you it is MUCH better than any of the previous games other than the fact you can't build your own stadium.

Yea, I heard it's been doin pretty good. I wanna try out the whole "sports game that adapts to you" feature on it that they are pushing.

Board footer