You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

strat0 wrote:

personally even if the song is about the fanbase i don't see it as an attack very much. I see it as him saying 'just sit back, and attempt to get more demos. everything that's out there is crap compared to what will be on the album. It's gonna blow you all away.'

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm not assuming anything. He has already been mentioned in the first mainstream article about this leak. You see Fortus or Bumble being mentioned?

that`s probably because buckethead is more associated with gnr than bumblefoot. he was around when the new gnr played it`s first shows and more importantly, played the vmas. an event, that`s still responsible for the new gnr`s public image. latest proof for this is the recent billboard article on CD becoming a walmart exclusive. in addition to that he plays on almost all the leaks, that are out there..

James Lofton wrote:

We already know Bucket wrote the fucking thing so why the need to try and diminish his contributions? Its amazing how the guy continues to own songs leak after leak but still cant get respect. We already know Ron is on the track also. He said he was.

i`m not trying to diminish anything. while i`m not a fan of buckethead`s solo stuff (i think some of it is good though), his work in gnr is absolutely amazing and he`s the guitarist i want to see on stage along with robin.

however, i think people on this forum tend to overrate his role in gnr sometimes. shackler is a cool song and especially his solo in IRS is mind blowing in my opinion, but he doesn`t "own" the leaks. i`m willing to bet, that none of the stuff we`ve heard so far, except for shackler`s revenge and if the world to some extent were written by him. all the stuff was there before. he obviously took them to another level... some of his work isn`t that brilliant though.

anyways...  don`t get me wrong. i want to see him back in gnr as much as any buckethead fan here, i just wanted to point out, that it isn`t him playing lead on shackler`s revenge in my opinion. and i`m not sure wether that`s a good thing...

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

I really dig the song, and am so glad to hear "live" drums on the track.  Too many of the CD songs are a little too heavy on the canned drums for my taste...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hmmm, I like Axl's voice. I like the guitar solo.  Hate all the other "shit" we here in the song.  I HATE some of the guitar tones.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
bazgnr wrote:

I really dig the song, and am so glad to hear "live" drums on the track.  Too many of the CD songs are a little too heavy on the canned drums for my taste...

Got to agree...the drums kick major ass in this song. It just sounds so much more rock with a real drummer. And I love the melodies from Axl! Although i'm a guitarist and I know the solos are technically impressive.....its all a bit messy for my taste...BBF and Bucket always seem to do this kinda "every key at once" type playing which sounds cool in small doses...although i think i prefer more structured guitar playing. But Don't get me wrong - i love the song!

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i got some feedback from some non-diehards for anyone that's interested...

i played SR for 7 people over the weekend. every one of them liked it right away, and a couple of them love it and believe it would be a huge hit on the radio. for the first time, a bunch of my friends are really interested in the status of the album. this song peaked their interest.   

one of them is my wife who isn't a big gnr fan. she hates most of the new songs and thinks i've been brainwashed into liking them. but she absolutely loves this song.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thats good news sandman. I hope they release this as a single with the game...i'd love a bit of positive reaction!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, I gotta put Shackler through my "drug dealer test" here in the next day or so.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, I gotta put Shackler through my "drug dealer test" here in the next day or so.

Maybe the songs sound better while high.  Should I turn on my black light and play the wizard of oz too?:laugh:

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Maybe the songs sound better while high.  Should I turn on my black light and play the wizard of oz too?:laugh:

Axl's pretty intrspective... better make it The Seventh Seal.

Board footer