You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
russtcb wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

No one knows how the general public will take to this song. It could go either way.

Agreed. I, along with many others thought the fanbase was going to hate it and by enlarge it's the opposite.

I thought the same too. I can see this song getting a lot of airplay from certain stations. You cant forget there is a lot of hate towards Axl Rose so anything that is said should be taken with a grain of salt. Let the people decide not some jack off that introduces songs on a radio station.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

not this guy there was no joking he said a fan sent a link to him and he listened and he thought it sucked...then he said that maybe there will be a different mix on the album or maybe its not even the RockBand2 track ..nobody knows....so he did his research and presented it as news...not a joke

this station does their research though and stay up on alot of different bands

www.htzfm.com out of southwestern ontario...its my station of choice...check it out

With all due respect.  I'm sure the DJ in question gave the song a quick first listen and never went back to it.  His initial thought was he didn't like.  I think a lot of people have that thought with a LOT of songs, not just this one.  It's rare you hear a song and fall in love with it right away.  If the guy gave it a chance he might change his mind.  I doubt the radio stations will play the song just once then throw it in the garbage bin.  It'll have its chance to grow on people.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
russtcb wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

No one knows how the general public will take to this song. It could go either way.

Agreed. I, along with many others thought the fanbase was going to hate it and by enlarge it's the opposite.

I thought the same too. I can see this song getting a lot of airplay from certain stations. You cant forget there is a lot of hate towards Axl Rose so anything that is said should be taken with a grain of salt. Let the people decide not some jack off that introduces songs on a radio station.

There are very few good dj's.  When the people like the song, the dj will and will start playing the song.  That's the way it works.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah I know how radio works. There are indeed a few goods DJs in the mix but most I've heard tend to be morons. But the song could catch on and it could not but either way it will get decent airplay. It rocks pretty hard so hopefully that strikes a nerve somewhere and people start diggin the song with time.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah I know how radio works. There are indeed a few goods DJs in the mix but most I've heard tend to be morons. But the song could catch on and it could not but either way it will get decent airplay. It rocks pretty hard so hopefully that strikes a nerve somewhere and people start diggin the song with time.

That's what i'm hoping happens. 

I expect the dj's on my local stations will bash this song just for the sake of bashing Axl.  I know they played Maddy and bashed him for sounding like a dying cat.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

See, I don't think u can bash a DJ for saying it sucks. What if a DJ says its fucking awesome? Does that guy's opinion not matter either?

Not everyone is gonna like this song. People who are use to GNR are not gonna like this song at first. Question is, how many people out there, give songs 3 or 4 listens?Its in my experience, for most, if a song doesn't grab u right off the bat, they don't listen.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
machine24 wrote:

See, I don't think u can bash a DJ for saying it sucks. What if a DJ says its fucking awesome? Does that guy's opinion not matter either?

Not everyone is gonna like this song. People who are use to GNR are not gonna like this song at first. Question is, how many people out there, give songs 3 or 4 listens?Its in my experience, for most, if a song doesn't grab u right off the bat, they don't listen.

You can bash dj's when they bash a song just because Axl Rose put it out.  That happens a lot.  The music itself isn't given a fair chance because of who it comes from. 

The great thing about this song, at least for me, is it grabs me by the balls from the beggining and doesn't let go.  It would seem most of the fanbase feels the same.

So why won't that work for the rest of the public?  We aren't any better than them.  If the song grabs most of us by the balls, why wouldn't it do the same for them?  We're music fans just like everyone else.

I think it's safe to say that the reason this song grabs us is not because it sounds like old GNR, because this song is anything but that.  This song is a complete departure from the old band, and it grabs most of us, it will grab most everyone else too.  I can see this song being a success.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

The difference is, WE are GNR die hards. So we are going in with the mindset of being excited and wanting to love it. I love Silk Worms! See what I mean? I think that song is awesome.

I also think Oh My God  is one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard. A little better guitar and better produced and that song to me is just as good as Shacklers and we see how bad Oh My God did.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah but our die hardness doesn't account for all of it.

I mean i'm a huge Slash fan - so when axl resurfaced in Rio after Slash was gone...a part of me was tempted to hate the show and take sides - but then he played Maddy and I can see that politics and guitar prefrences aside...Axl is one talented motherfucker who writes kickass songs.

Board footer