You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

war wrote:

i think the core of the song is bucket and the soloing is bumble

Sky Dog wrote:

This track has not grown on me at all. I am very disappointed actually. The lyrics and chorus from OMG blow this away. The last half of the song-Shackler's, after the solo, just sucks. OMG ended on a pretty cool note with a nice melody. It scares me that Axl considers this good enough to release as a first taste from his decade in the making album.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Really, I love the song.  I think you're in the minority there madagas, at least around here.  I do fear the public will not care for it on first listen.  It is a bit shocking at first.  I think the chorus is catchy as hell, obviously it's very simple but still.  And the lyrics aren't too complex either, but what do you want from a 3 minute song.  It's straight and to the point.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I agree with Madagas, except I probably like the song more than he does, I'm not sure this is the wisest move for the first single. Especially since the song doesn't represent the album (or what we've heard so far) very well. The song almost feels incomplete, like there's something missing in it. I don't know, I can't put my finger on it.

Here's an idea, take the best parts of OMG and best parts of Shacklers and put them together and... you'd have a insane friggin masterpiece. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

there is no verse after the solo.....that is what turns me off. The last minute is just blah. Don't get me wrong, I love about a minute of Shackler's and there is some very cool vocals and guiter parts in places. But, as a total song, I'm not feeling it. And, yes OMG would be pretty wicked with some fresher sounding guitars.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I agree with Madagas, except I probably like the song more than he does, I'm not sure this is the wisest move for the first single. Especially since the song doesn't represent the album (or what we've heard so far) very well. The song almost feels incomplete, like there's something missing in it. I don't know, I can't put my finger on it.

Here's an idea, take the best parts of OMG and best parts of Shacklers and put them together and... you'd have a insane friggin masterpiece. 16

The last thing any of these songs need is more added to them.  Less is more.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

See, I love the last minute after the solo the most. I think the post-solo guitar work is what really impresses me. The song just creates an undeniable groove and I really dig it, more and more with each listen.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i listened to this track for the first time on my big speakers last night and it sounded a lot better and will sound even better when it isn't a rip. i like it a lot but it's not my favorite. i don't think i am the target for the first single though. it should do well with the younger kids with the marketing they have in place (rb2). if they released a more rock sounding single to the radio and kept sr on the game only and released the album i could see maximised success.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The last thing any of these songs need is more added to them.  Less is more.

I don't agree with that at all. Less is more is something GNR has never went by in their songwriting. Look at the structure of Jungle. That's pretty complex, not to mention songs like Estranged, November Rain, Coma, Breakdown, Locomotive... I love how full and BIG GNR songs are.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Complex in structure is completely different than complex in adding so many different instruments and sounds that nobody can tell what the hell is going on in the song.

Board footer