You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I realize Irving has had success getting bands together, but there is so much more to overcome in this situation. Is he gonna fundamentally change Axl's demeanor? No. Is he gonna make the main parties like one another again? No. Is he gonna convince them that a lot of money can be made from a reunion? Maybe. I don't want that type of reunion.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
madagas wrote:

from the Velvet Rope....from a well known industry insider

"Allowing Irving to broker the one way box deal (and my hunch is this will go to Best Buy because of language issues with Wal Mart) says one thing: Jimmy (IOVINE) is anticipating a huge US stiff.

It will do numbers WW (worldwide) but the US will look feeble.
Now if Axl would just agree to the terms, we can see this one play out and get it over with already.

Irving is the only person to bring about the reunion and that would do great numbers US and WW. "

Found another one over there...

Funny thing is, the band member has so many CDR's of the project at various stages of completion. I once saw, literally, a foot-high stack of CD's in handwritten cases, making a comment in half-jest about it being evidence of the numerous re-toolings the album has undergone over the years.

"Actually", he remarked. "That's just one song."

Sky Dog wrote:

that band member is Tommy.:laugh: The Rope always has some choice stuff in between Axl barbs. If you just go and read without posting, you can usually find some interesting stuff. They hate fanboys though....

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
madagas wrote:

from the Velvet Rope....from a well known industry insider

"Allowing Irving to broker the one way box deal (and my hunch is this will go to Best Buy because of language issues with Wal Mart) says one thing: Jimmy (IOVINE) is anticipating a huge US stiff.

It will do numbers WW (worldwide) but the US will look feeble.
Now if Axl would just agree to the terms, we can see this one play out and get it over with already.

Irving is the only person to bring about the reunion and that would do great numbers US and WW. "

Found another one over there...

Funny thing is, the band member has so many CDR's of the project at various stages of completion. I once saw, literally, a foot-high stack of CD's in handwritten cases, making a comment in half-jest about it being evidence of the numerous re-toolings the album has undergone over the years.

"Actually", he remarked. "That's just one song."

No wonder songs leak then. They have foot high stacks for each song!

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bazgnr wrote:

I think that "in case THE BAND decides to put it out" is the crucial part of that bit.   It certainly does imply that it's all up to Axl at this point, doesn't it?

And "Shackler's" is a great song.  I can't imagine it not doing well.  Not as good as "Better," but still... 5

I didn't think it would do well the first couple of times I listened to it, but now I feel differently. I can't wait for a better mix, one not ripped out of the game.

It's funny you say that.  When I'm listening to the CD tracks all in one sitting, "Shackler's" really pops out of the speakers, and sounds much louder than the other tracks.  To me, it sounds much closer to a "finished product" than the others...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

/New GNR Liam\
 Rep: 0 

I dont see any problem people have. As long as the CD comes and we all get to here it is that not all that matters?

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

You know, is anyone 100% certain that Walmart wouldn't sell it with a sticker? I'm in Canada but it just dawned on me that about 4 years ago I re-bought Use Your Illusion II there and it definitely filled my ears with those familiar naughty words.

Board footer