You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: MSL's GnRSource interview transcript

IF, and i say IF very tentatively the conversation with beta and her views of the hardcore GNR are at all remotely true, she can suck my dick. it feels like a slap in the face, us hardcore fans are part of the reason shes employed, we're the ones out there drumming up hype for this album all over the net and in our day-to-day lives, we're the ones defending the leaks against hordes of slash worshiping, AFD hungry idiots, telling them why this song is technically brilliant and epic, telling them why it is this way or that. and this is their opinion of us? IF this is true i am glad their shit gets leaked, i have a sour taste in my mouth just reading that horseshit.

its always been my opinion that throughout his career as a celebrity Axl has had people manipulating and leaching off him to serve their own distorted motives, altering his perception on things, sure he had an eccentric view of life anyway(lol jumping out of slash's car incident) but fuck, could Beta herself be one of these people?

once again, that is also just skepticism and my opinion of that recount of events, if(which of course they are in one way or another) in someway they are false of embellished then i apologise to Beta and Axl=)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

we're the ones out there drumming up hype for this album all over the net and in our day-to-day lives, we're the ones defending the leaks against hordes of slash worshiping, AFD hungry idiots,

Dude I understand your point that you feel betrayed as a fan given your clearly a big supporter of the new music - but please - there's no need to feel the need to knock Slash to do it. Slash is recgonised the world over as an iconic and important guitarist in the history of rock music and blues-rock - so people who idolise him and are fans of AFD should not be called idiots.

Myself I'm a MASSIVE fan of both Slash's guitar playing skills - in and out of GNR - and Also Axl's musical abilities - both as a songwriter, frontman, vocalist and lyricist. So I don't feel the need to bash one side because I love the other - I love them both.

Anyway. As far as Axl and Beta - as with any form of relationship - it's hard to know what goes on in it from the outside. It's obvious that Axl cares for her deeply, and I would guess that she has probably provided a lot of emotional support to him - support that he may not have been able to get from blood relatives and other friends. Likewise - it's clear that Axl himself, as with many geniuses has a personality that is not easily understood or simplistic to deal with. Of course with people of wealth and emotional vunerablitiy there is always the risk that they will be taken advantage of. At the end of the day its going to be Axl's call i guess - if he gets enough out of it to justify whatever he puts in himself.

I can also understand why Beta would get pissed off. I mean she knows Axl as a man - a human - you know - a friend around the house - and we all know people on the net like to talk a lot of shit about him. Some deserved maybe, but a hell of a lot of it not so much too. I know my back would get up if people insulted my close friends and family as casually as many rock fans insult their idols.

What this says to me is that the band needs to hire "professionals" to deal with the fan base. People who are not emotionally invested (like Axl and Beta) in the band and so will not be personally hurt during normal interactions with the community.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Dude I understand your point that you feel betrayed as a fan given your clearly a big supporter of the new music - but please - there's no need to feel the need to knock Slash to do it. Slash is recgonised the world over as an iconic and important guitarist in the history of rock music and blues-rock - so people who idolise him and are fans of AFD should not be called idiots.

Myself I'm a MASSIVE fan of both Slash's guitar playing skills - in and out of GNR - and Also Axl's musical abilities - both as a songwriter, frontman, vocalist and lyricist. So I don't feel the need to bash one side because I love the other - I love them both.

Anyway. As far as Axl and Beta - as with any form of relationship - it's hard to know what goes on in it from the outside. It's obvious that Axl cares for her deeply, and I would guess that she has probably provided a lot of emotional support to him - support that he may not have been able to get from blood relatives and other friends. Likewise - it's clear that Axl himself, as with many geniuses has a personality that is not easily understood or simplistic to deal with. Of course with people of wealth and emotional vunerablitiy there is always the risk that they will be taken advantage of. At the end of the day its going to be Axl's call i guess - if he gets enough out of it to justify whatever he puts in himself.

I can also understand why Beta would get pissed off. I mean she knows Axl as a man - a human - you know - a friend around the house - and we all know people on the net like to talk a lot of shit about him. Some deserved maybe, but a hell of a lot of it not so much too. I know my back would get up if people insulted my close friends and family as casually as many rock fans insult their idols.

What this says to me is that the band needs to hire "professionals" to deal with the fan base. People who are not emotionally invested (like Axl and Beta) in the band and so will not be personally hurt during normal interactions with the community.

i am sorry i didn't clarify the 'slash loving idiots' comment further, i myself am an avid slash fan, i admire the mans musical work as do i respect how he represents himself as a human being. what i meant was the stereotypical leak bashing dickhead on youtube or any other message board has an argument that consists of two cookie cutter arguments; "lol without slash GNR is ruined, it stopped being GNR the moment slash left, OMG WHERE IS SLASH TIS SUXXORZ" or "lol this doesn't sound anything like gunners, my god axl sucks hes got weird hair!" what angers me even more is the fact that many of these mongoloids only heard about GNR via guitar hero, associate GNR with slash and therefore throw a shitfit when hes not there, that or just reiterate what other illiterate fuckheads have said.
i am all for literate, well argued criticism based upon examples and clarity. i also acknowledge that the new links are not suited to all people, however i cannot stand the nonsensical babble that the vast majority of nay-sayers regurgitate.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

what i meant was the stereotypical leak bashing dickhead on youtube or any other message board has an argument that consists of two cookie cutter arguments; "lol without slash GNR is ruined, it stopped being GNR the moment slash left, OMG WHERE IS SLASH TIS SUXXORZ" or "lol this doesn't sound anything like gunners, my god axl sucks hes got weird hair!" what angers me even more is the fact that many of these mongoloids only heard about GNR via guitar hero, associate GNR with slash and therefore throw a shitfit when hes not there, that or just reiterate what other illiterate fuckheads have said.
i am all for literate, well argued criticism based upon examples and clarity. i also acknowledge that the new links are not suited to all people, however i cannot stand the nonsensical babble that the vast majority of nay-sayers regurgitate.

Then you've come to the right place because we don't wallow in such simple minded horse shit.:thumbup:

Having said that, you cant blame younger fans(or casual fans) for not knowing everything we do about GNR. The CD era lineups have no albums, so its not shocking that some people discover the music of the old band and are a bit surprised by all that has happened over the years. To be honest, I look forward to some of those types(the smart ones anyways) joining this community at some point because it will be interesting to see their take on all that has transpired.

I cant even imagine hearing AFD for the first time, doing a google search on GNR and seeing everything that has unfolded. Would be a shock to the senses to say the least.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That's a good point james. I never thouight of that cos I've been a fan since the start basicly...but yeah imagine that....must be a headtrip for those people.

To Captain Winkler - to me its natutral for people to associate Slash with GNR - while I'm the first to admit the fact that he's been gone 10+ years - it's also the primary thing that made him famous (although he has boosted that with guest appearances etc for years) and further - his playing is a big part of what elevated a number of songs - such as November Rain and SCOM to the "classic" status they today enjoy. Likewise - as James as said - a young fan with no exposure to GNR could be forgiven for not understanding the history - i mean its slash on the albums you buy - half the time he's still used in promo in one way or another - and in the absence of CD - there's nothing to replace him - unless you catch a live show.

Where we do agree is on the small minded nature of the discussion about the leaks on youtube and so forth. Like I think slash is a god...and there's some songs I'd have been interested to hear his take on (likewise I often hear a song and think - hey I wish Axl would sing this - for example "Love Hurts" by Nazereth - would rule with Axl!) - but simpily loving slash is NOT a reason for people to AUTOMATICLY bag out the newer GNR - which many do as you say - like saying eveything without slash sucks automaticly just because he is not there, or making fun of Axl's clothes or hair or whatever....but that's one thing thats good about this community is that we're pretty free of that kind of bullshit.

the people here who dislike the leaks tend to have thought out reasoned views on why they don't like the songs - and that's cool. Likewise the people who love them can tell you precisely why they love them - and don't just love them cos the author has the initial of W.A.Rose....so it makes for good discussion this place.

Myself I'm an annoying "in the middle" person. I love slash and I love the old GNR records. However I've been blown away by the leaks and love them dearly. When seeing the band live - I miss Slash on the old songs - but not at all when the band plays a new songs. I hate how robin plays AFD, but think he sounds fucking fantastic on some of the leaks. So i'm not easily classified! wink

wady
 Rep: 2 

wady wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Has anyone considered the possibility that Sorry was simply a working title for the track?

You may have found a pulse here.  It could very well be a working title.

I don't think that this song (known as Shacklers / Chicken Dinner) is "Sorry". Of what I've read, Sebastian Bach should be on that song.

"He was cranking Chinese Democracy and I was playing pinball and I (Bach) was singing a harmony to the chorus of this song, Sorry. Axl ran up to me and said, "Dude that sounds fucking awesome!" The very next week . . . we scheduled a session at Electric Lady Studios (in New York). It's slow, "doomy," heavy song. "

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I cant even imagine hearing AFD for the first time, doing a google search on GNR and seeing everything that has unfolded. Would be a shock to the senses to say the least.

Just change AFD to GH and rewind back to early 06 just before the first leaks and yeah it kinda was. When CD gets released there needs to be an offical chronicle released.

Board footer