You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: If a fall 2008 tour is gonna happen....

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...i can't see a 2008 tour happening...every time someone leaves it costs us more time!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...i can't see a 2008 tour happening...every time someone leaves it costs us more time!

I know, it's really ridiculous.  I just hope they find a replacement quicker than they did for Bucket.  That is IF Robin is gone.  And in a way I hope he is.  For the simple fact that I don't see his time in NIN ending any time soon.  As James said, I'd expect them to tour overseas for much of 2009.  It seems like CD is close to coming out.  We just need a lineup now.  They don't necessarily have to tour right away, but I would think they'd need a lineup in place, no?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

We just need a lineup now.  They don't necessarily have to tour right away, but I would think they'd need a lineup in place, no?

Take away that's it's GnR for a second. 

How stupid is this?  It's quite possible that nobody else is in the band right now other than Axl.  Who will show up if/when Axl is ready to get this show back on the road?

Obviously Dizzy will be there because, well, what else is he going to do? 

Same for Pitman. 

Sounds like Ron wants to be there. 

Richard will be there as long as New Kids on the Block don't need a session player. 

What about Tommy?  When will he get tired of the joke that is GnR?  He wasn't a fan in the first place...this can't be making him feel any better about it, though it's better than selling cars for a living.

Who will replace Robin?  As much as I didn't care for his style in GnR, he has a "unique" style that won't be easy to replicate.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Did anything actually THINK GNR would tour anytime soon? And did anyone actually THINK Finck would be back by October or whenever it was? He's busy for longer than this year, I'm quite sure about that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

We just need a lineup now.  They don't necessarily have to tour right away, but I would think they'd need a lineup in place, no?

Take away that's it's GnR for a second. 

How stupid is this?  It's quite possible that nobody else is in the band right now other than Axl.  Who will show up if/when Axl is ready to get this show back on the road?

Obviously Dizzy will be there because, well, what else is he going to do? 

Same for Pitman. 

Sounds like Ron wants to be there. 

Richard will be there as long as New Kids on the Block don't need a session player. 

What about Tommy?  When will he get tired of the joke that is GnR?  He wasn't a fan in the first place...this can't be making him feel any better about it, though it's better than selling cars for a living.

Who will replace Robin?  As much as I didn't care for his style in GnR, he has a "unique" style that won't be easy to replicate.

By that rationale they may need a bass player and a lead guitar playe....... AHEM!  Does anyone know where we can find a viable bass and lead guitar player?

I kid, I kid.

faldor

faldor wrote:
DCK wrote:

Did anything actually THINK GNR would tour anytime soon? And did anyone actually THINK Finck would be back by October or whenever it was? He's busy for longer than this year, I'm quite sure about that.

I didn't think they would tour, but I was hoping for an album release.  I wonder what they'll do with the Rock Band release.  Will there be any movement then?  A description of who's on the track (no Robin)?  Just seems like NIN isn't gonna quit anytime soon, nor will Finck, so to quote Axl "where do we go now?"

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Release album of new material, then have a Reunion tour with Slash and Duff since they can't find a singer..... HA

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

It's funny that both releases over the last ten years are w/o Robin.  That's a pretty good sign right there.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think the album can easily be released without a tour. Said for quite awhile this will be marketed like NIN, and that doesn't require a tour. Axl can reintroduce himself to the public through many different avenues, none of them requiring a tour or input from what remains of the GNR lineup.

Board footer