You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Re: The Reason Behind The Delay Of "Chinese Democracy"....?

Saikin wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

From a few hours ago...

Mysteron wrote:

The delay is being caused by the record company. The ball is in their court now.

Why?  They've been waiting for the fucking album for a decade like the rest of us. They aren't going to delay it now.

Exactly.

I can't believe that some people are actually buying into this crap.

Supposedly the record company has been trying to get this thing out of him for years, but now they are going to hold up the release ?? Please. roll

bba

AtariLegend wrote:

^ It would be extremely stupid for a record company to release an album without the proper promotion Singles, Videos, Interviews, Concerts ect.....

We don't know how long the label has had the album, if its recent then it'll still take maybe a few months planning, then promoting.

Demands also have to be met on both sides, such as money and conditions, its been along time since Axl willing released an album, so this will be slightly new to him, given his own and others expectations as to what they all want.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

AtariLegend wrote:

^ It would be extremely stupid for a record company to release an album without the proper promotion Singles, Videos, Interviews, Concerts ect.....

We don't know how long the label has had the album, if its recent then it'll still take maybe a few months planning, then promoting.

Demands also have to be met on both sides, such as money and conditions, its been along time since Axl willing released an album, so this will be slightly new to him, given his own and others expectations as to what they all want.

You don't know if the record company has this album at all. Mysteron never stated that. He was just vague as usual and said that "the record company is the hold up." That could mean alot of things, or it could be just another excuse altogether.

bba

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

If it's true, the record company must have a pretty optimistic view of the industry. The way I see it, record sales are going to keep falling and falling until these companies are bankrupt. If I were Universal, I'd try to rush this thing out as quickly as I could.

The idea of promoting a record for 7-8 weeks is crazy anyways. It'll leak halfway through that time period, so why not try a creative, fast-paced short term promotion plan?

Has anyone even considered that since we have heard Management issues being thrown out that maybe Universal want's Management to be handled in a certain way that Axl and co. may not want.    Course this is all speculation considereing the always vague Mysteron, the only real thing you can take as fact from his statement is that Uni has something to do with it not coming out as far as what, it's anyone's guess.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Has anyone even considered that since we have heard Management issues being thrown out that maybe Universal want's Management to be handled in a certain way that Axl and co. may not want.    Course this is all speculation considereing the always vague Mysteron, the only real thing you can take as fact from his statement is that Uni has something to do with it not coming out as far as what, it's anyone's guess.

thats what i was gonna say tongue

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is good news I think.

Cos if the delay is due to the company then surely their need for corporate $ will cause them to undelay soon and we'll get the album.

Unless it was code for "we made out offer to the record company and they dont like our terms, its in their court now" in which case we might be in for a long wait.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Unless it was code for "we made out offer to the record company and they dont like our terms, its in their court now" in which case we might be in for a long wait.

I'm afraid this is exactly what it means.  Hopefully I'm wrong.  I don't think Axl even has management right now though, and that is troubling as well.  If he's the one calling the shots (as he's always been) without anybody to tell him what he's asking for is nuts, we're in for a wait that might make the current wait seem short.

I still stick with my original prediction that the album will come out after Axl dies.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

If it's true, the record company must have a pretty optimistic view of the industry. The way I see it, record sales are going to keep falling and falling until these companies are bankrupt. If I were Universal, I'd try to rush this thing out as quickly as I could.

The idea of promoting a record for 7-8 weeks is crazy anyways. It'll leak halfway through that time period, so why not try a creative, fast-paced short term promotion plan?

This is Chinese Democracy we are talking about.  Just the fact that there is a date (no matter how soon it is) is a lot of promotion right there. 

And i agree, they need to hurry it and not hold it up.  Every week they wait is less the album will sell at this point and less of a chance that they will have of breaking even. 

If they have the official album, release a single, announce a date, send out promotional materials, do ads, radio, television, interview and release the album within 2-4 weeks of the single.  In that order too!  Release a single without telling anyone.  It'll have that suprise factor involved, then you can announce a date within a few days of the single and instantly start promotion.

Board footer