You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Would you lose respect for the band if they.................

misterID wrote:

Then there's no way he would release it then. And no reason to buy it.

I remember back in 2001 they had a japanese import on amazon called AFD 2000 but then it disappeared right before it was going to be released. I've always wondered if that was it.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

im in two minds

in one way it would be cool to hear if bucket was in it, id like to hear his little shred fills he does IE in jungle in RIR 3, but then again i wouldnt like to hear fincks SCOM solo

also, if it was recorded around the time axl's voice wasnt at its best, then it would just be a total slap in the face to the fans aswell as the old line up..

but, with AFD there was so much magic that could never be recaptured

even slash himself has said he has never been able to recreated the sound that he had on AFD

Sky Dog wrote:

Bucket was formally around as of Nov 1999 (right after Finck left)/Jan 2000 at the latest according to Jan 2000 RS article (where Axl was actually interviewed in Nov 1999 for the Jan issue.)

"Recently, though, Rose was stung again when former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, who's featured along with a barrage of guitar players - including Paul Huge; cult hero Buckethead; Dave Navarro; Rose's guitar teacher, Gary Sunshine; and Rose himself - left to rejoin NIN on tour."

if anyone were to go in and redo some of Finck's parts as Axl told Loder he MAY do, it could have only been Bucket.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

brian may was also around during that time

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:
russtcb wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

Sure, I agree and let's be sensible, it's not going to happen officially anyway. Some of us would just like to hear it is all. Call me insane but my iTunes playcounts for the last 5 years have New Guns demos and live shit miles in front of everything else. I want to hear anything and everything.

I'm exactly the same way. Love anything and everything I can hear from the band.

PS...welcome aboard, we always welcome more intelligent posters!

Cheers man.

Someone mentioned something about the re-record being when Axl's voice wasn't so great. I don't agree. Just because he was weak in 01-02 in live shows doesn't mean the voice wasn't there in the studio. We know it was not only from the 1999 leaks but from the overdubbed studio vocals of Live Era songs including Rocket Queen, Sweet Child and Estranged which are stunning.

I actually have a theory that the Live Era overdubs are possibly just the re-recorded Appetite vocals pasted on, or at least takes from those sessions and if you listen to the vocal on Live Era Sweet Child and then Big Daddy sweet Child they sound identical. I've mentioned this before on other forums and nobody has teken any notice.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

The original Appetite isn't sacred.

Yeah it is.:thumbup: Its the greatest album ever made by the best lineup. If that isn't sacred, nothing is.

I appreciate and respect that some will find this utterly absure and blasphemous but I very rarely listen to the old band now;

I don't consider it blasphemy. I never listen to old GNR either. Haven't in years. Well, I did listen to a few UYI demos the other night ans watched the riot show a couple months back, but other than that, nothing. Took a loooooooooong break from the band's discography a couple years back, and plan on going a few more years at least. Got burnt out on that shit years ago, and would like to reach a point where I can "rediscover" the old discography and appreciate it even more.

Sounds insane, but that's pretty much my stance on that issue.

I remember back in 2001 they had a japanese import on amazon called AFD 2000 but then it disappeared right before it was going to be released. I've always wondered if that was it.

I don't remember that, although in 2001 I was a sporadic lurker on the sites.

even slash himself has said he has never been able to recreated the sound that he had on AFD

None of them will ever be able to recreate that sound. Funny that one(or several) have attempted it.

I actually have a theory that the Live Era overdubs are possibly just the re-recorded Appetite vocals pasted on, or at least takes from those sessions and if you listen to the vocal on Live Era Sweet Child and then Big Daddy sweet Child they sound identical. I've mentioned this before on other forums and nobody has teken any notice.

Interesting. I never even thought of that. Definitely makes sense. Why record AFD at the time, then rerecord the same songs for Live Era? I think you're on to something there.

Off topic, best track on the abortion known as Live Era is Dust N Bones.:mosh:

James Lofton wrote:

Off topic, best track on the abortion known as Live Era is Dust N Bones.

Really?

As overrated as Paradise City is, I've got to say that it kicks some serious ass on Live Era, especially Axl's vocals - apart from that I don't really like the album very much at all.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If that happens, I wouldn't buy CD or the new AFD out of respect for the old band. We've lived in the past long enough. If Axl wants to make some sort of bizarre artistic statement with a new AFD, leak it and distance himself from it.

If you say that then why buy tix to see their shows?  It's as much a disrespect to the old band as this.  If a rerecorded AFD is included with CD, I'll buy the album anyways.  Don't mean I have to listen to the bonus disc.  But if it was available with bonus disc as well as without I'd buy the one with no bonus disc.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Nah i think the rerecording is more disrespectful...because its more enduring...a tour is only seen by those people who go...re-releasing a classic album messes with future generations who are exposed to the new one first...long after the band is too old to tour...its messing with history.

I wonder what 2 AFD songs they ditched for YCBM and Patience?

Board footer