You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Supporting Baz [and Axl].. who will buy Angel Down?

polluxlm wrote:

A baz album at display in my collection? Sorry, that's not gonna happen.

I got the songs I need.

polluxlm wrote:

I got the songs I need.

so you're jus gonna keep the ones you want for free?

baz funded this album out of his pocket.   sorry i just hate seeing people pirating shit because it takes money out of my own pocket everyday.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not interested in this record, but if Best Buy has it on sale I will probably buy it. They have decent prices on cds sometimes. I have seen sales where cds are like 8 bucks.

It'll wind up being like Libertad where I just buy it and then toss it in my closet without even bothering with it. I think Libertad is the first album I bought where I had zero intention of opening it and listening to it. It was bought for support purposes only.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I got the songs I need.

so you're jus gonna keep the ones you want for free?

baz funded this album out of his pocket.   sorry i just hate seeing people pirating shit because it takes money out of my own pocket everyday.

It's not about the money, it's about principle. I don't support shitty music.

Now you might say "why did you dl it then?"

Well, I am a die hard Axl fan so I just had to hear it. Wasn't too impressed with the non-Axl work, but always nice to hear his voice. So does that make me a thief? Yes, but it is a special situation, and that's pretty much all I can say about it. I spend like 30% of my paycheck on music and films, so I can't really say it gets to me.

But I understand and agree with your point completely, I guess I just chose to be an egocentric asshole this time. Nobody's perfect.

Jameslofton wrote:

I'm not interested in this record, but if Best Buy has it on sale I will probably buy it. They have decent prices on cds sometimes. I have seen sales where cds are like 8 bucks.

It'll wind up being like Libertad where I just buy it and then toss it in my closet without even bothering with it. I think Libertad is the first album I bought where I had zero intention of opening it and listening to it. It was bought for support purposes only.

did you hear the full album stream on the web?  this album is a lot better than Libertad, it almost rivals the first 2 Skid Row albums.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I doubt I'll be buying it straight away based on what I've heard so far.  I haven't disliked anything per se but neither do I feel the urge to rush out and get it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

What I've heard isn't better than Libertad, but that's just my opinion.  As much as I think Bach has a great voice, I'm not a big fan of too many Skid Row songs.  I just admire his talent.

AtariLegend wrote:

RollingStone >> Issue 1040 >> November 29, 2007

http://gypsysoul.lunarpages.com/rs112907.jpg Review

Key Tracks
The best of this issue's record review section.
Listen at rollingstone.com/keytracks

http://gypsysoul.lunarpages.com/rskeytrack.jpg Track Review

Thanks to GypsySoul of HTGTH.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/alb … angel_down

rolling stone gives it 3 of 5 stars....not bad. Fricke is a great rock historian and it is good to see him positive with Axl.

Thanks Mag for posting!  I'll repost the actual article here. 

"I'm calling all the shots tonight/I'm like a loaded gun": The shredded screech is unmistakable, but it's not ex-Skid Row throat Sebastian Bach. It's his buddy Axl Rose of Guns n' Roses, taking a break from obsessing over Chinese Democracy to join Bach on a cover of Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddle." Angel Down is Bach's first solo album in eight years, yet Rose all but steals the sense of event in three duets here, which also include "(Love Is) A Bitchslap," a cheap-shock title for a bolt of crude, early G n' R, and "Stuck Inside," which pits Rose's sandpaper yelp against squealing-fuzz guitar. On his own, Bach scrapes away the hair-rock gloss of his old band for brittle speed-metal distortion and a raw, bleating vocal style with a lot of Rob Halford. There is some late-Eighties rewind in the power ballad "Falling Into You"; "You Don't Understand" comes with Seventies UFO-style riffing. In fact, more of each would have broken up the repetitive thrash that makes the latter half of the album feel like one righteously hard but overlong song.

Awesome that Axl and Bach are getting positive reviews    3 outta 5, I think is great considering alot of people think Bach wasn't going to do well.   9 9

Board footer