You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Re: **Kevin Cogill Who Leaked 9 GnR Songs Arrested Today**

Dreamline wrote:

Has this been posted yet?  From the official site:

Gunsnroses.com wrote:

BLOGGER ARRESTED FOR LEAKING 9 GN'R SONGS
GunsNRoses.com

According to multiple news reports, a blogger suspected of posting songs on the Internet from the forthcoming Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy was arrested Wednesday and appeared in court, where his bail was set at $10,000. FBI agents arrested 27-year-old Kevin Cogill on suspicion of violating federal copyright laws by posting nine unreleased Guns N' Roses songs in June. According to an arrest affidavit, Cogill admitted to FBI agents that he leaked the songs.

"Guns N' Roses representatives have been made aware of the arrests and are leaving the matter to the authorities," said band spokesman Larry Solters.

I was really hoping for a statement from Axl about this, not "band representatives blah blah blah"...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow.....

That's all they have to say??

My God....

James

James wrote:

Stick a fork in this Egg Foo Yung...

Its done.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Funny, these leaks were the BEST publicity the new band has ever got.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

For anyone wondering who Larry Solters is:

Every 10 minutes, secretaries would hurry in with a new stack of messages. Azoff's longtime adviser, Larry Solters, would coach him before he spoke to reporters. Azoff's loyal assistant, Susan Markheim, would conduct business between calls'”all kinds of business.

http://www.eaglesfans.com/info/articles … r_life.htm

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Funny, these leaks were the BEST publicity the new band has ever got.

Yep. Even had reviews from Time Magazine.

Like democrats, Guns N Roses likes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

you can argue on this forum who is behind this arrest all you want guys. to the general public it's gonna be "gnr arrest fan for leaking demos". people don't care if riaa or the feds or whoever is behind this. all they hear is some songs from gnr leaked and that dude got arrested. and it's bad publicity for the band.

hey fernando, got some songs for us?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Clearly the GNR camp had some hand in this.  It was obvious it was decided that a big stick approach is the agreed strategy.  The LA Times runs a story within 2 hours of it occuring, it's all orchestrated.  Also an associate of Skwerl writes:

Skwerl has been speaking to the FBI in person for the past month and change over all this, and has established several times over that he'd be happy to come down and appear whenever or wherever necessary.

If this is the case why not issue a summons to him why send 5 FBI agents for a dawn raid.  It is a total publicity stunt to try and scare hoarders from leaking anything else.  I would bet my left (and right) nut Guns had a hand in this!

Idiotic strategy - continue to watch the major backlash.  If this is what Azoff brings to the table then he is an ass clown just like those before him that have tried to fix this sorry sorry train wreck.

James

James wrote:

I don't think Azoff is an "ass clown". He has an incredible resume that speaks for itself. However, I don't think he realized what he walked into. Its not a band looking to further its career. Its a cyber soap opera where Axl's hangers on act like they have authority while the band members with zero power or influence have to twiddle their thumbs and pray the paycheck keeps coming.

The only activity that happens is every few years when they feel the need to have us reenact 1987 but without the lineup that brought us that magical time.

I doubt that's what Azoff signed up for.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I may annoy you, but i agree with this.

People, fans or not, should not decide on what to do with music ( work) that does not belong to them.

Board footer