You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Slash's Reaction to GN'R leaker!!!!

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He's just pissed that Libertad only sold a handful of copies. It wasn't even worth a free download.

I do find it interesting that he immediately jumps to the defense of Axl.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm...

Karma!  Yep!  First thing that came to my mind when I saw this.  Why defend Axl so quickly.  Let the rumors begin.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Maybe Azoff's got to him too 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I do find it interesting that he immediately jumps to the defense of Axl.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm...

Karma!  Yep!  First thing that came to my mind when I saw this.  Why defend Axl so quickly.  Let the rumors begin.

you guys really need to read slash's book tongue

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Yeah, Slash was pretty pro-Axl for what it's worth in his book.

I agree it makes Slash look to be quite the hypocrite though. That's the problem when everyone knows everything about you. Everything you say is going to be thrown back in your face. Rightfully so in this instance. I am hoping it's more because of the fact that it's not even out yet than actual "stealing".

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

What he should have said was "The Internet is what it is, and you have to deal with it accordingly, but I think if someone goes and steals something, it's theft.  I was thinking that the guy had some balls to post them at his site while I was downloading them."

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I like Slash's comment, and do not read too much into it.  I would imagine 99% of artists, while they do not mind file-sharing of "all-Ready released material", are against the leakage of "yet to be released material"--big difference there. Moreover, I think him and Axl have both let much of the animosity which was once there go--time heals wounds.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I dunno. Spreading released songs on the internet is something that is bound to happen, not something they control. Spreading a pre-release leak is something that you have to take care of within your own organisation. Not mr. Skwerl should be in jail, but the guy who gave him the tracks. All skwerl did was distribute them to a wider audience, he didn't leak them - he shouldn't have had them in the first place.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

This is a really stupid question at this point, but is there any chance that something recorded by the original band members could be on Chinese Democracy?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the fact that leaks are a reality and the fact that artists and record companies try to prevent them does not make it right people.  anyone who says that needs to have their house broken into and for me to tell them that it is their fault for not having proper security measures or that since it is a "reality" the burglars shouldn't be punished. hypocritical or not, i agree with slash's statement.

Board footer