You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Slash's Reaction to GN'R leaker!!!!

"I hope he rots in jail," said Slash, the former Guns N' Roses lead guitarist. "It's going to affect the sales of the record, and it's not fair. The Internet is what it is, and you have to deal with it accordingly, but I think if someone goes and steals something, it's theft."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-m … 9953.story

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Leave it to Slash to say something like this...  Anyone who's read his book knows he's one of the biggest kleptomaniacs to walk the streets of LA.  How did he get every record that taught him how to play so great?  He stole them.

Of course, I think stealing is wrong, and the law's the law, but let he who hasn't sinned cast the first stone.  Anyone who wants this guy in jail is a hypocrite.  If he should be, why not anyone else who ever downloaded a song for free?  How about those of us who upped and reupped leaks so everyone in the fan base could hear them?

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

"If someone goes and steals something, it's theft."

Thank you, Slash. I would've expected such in-depth philosophy from Baz or Adler, but you have a point there.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Wow, man, these guys become such whiny little hypocrites when they get rich. As BS pointed out, Slash stole a ton of music and through his book really showed no remorse, and I doubt he went back and handed these places a check after he became an icon.

Rich musicians: stay in your cozy mansions, spend a decade and millions on your songs about borken hearts from the mid 1990s, and let us live in the real world. You clearly don't remember what it's like.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He's just pissed that Libertad only sold a handful of copies. It wasn't even worth a free download.

I do find it interesting that he immediately jumps to the defense of Axl.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He must not know that Duff spilled the beans that Slash downloaded the songs. To quote the great Homer Simpson...

Doh!

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

Imagine how slash would react if smn leaked velvet revolver songs...lol
Slash started beggin' for a reunion....

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I would say Slash is pretty much done with ever talking trash about Axl publicly again.  Anything out of his mouth about Axl is likely to be complimentary....

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

and that's weird...'cause he can't play TWAT outro solo....

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Slash <3s Axl

Board footer