You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Slash's Reaction to GN'R leaker!!!!

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

There's an obvious bias, but it's an age old TIRED argument that I won't get into.
If it was Axl making those comments, they'd have his face buried in the pillow and riding his ass ALL - NIGHT - LONG.
And you know it.

Actually, I know nothing of the sort, it seems to me its the other way around. Slash gets his name written as $la$h for doing guitar hero 3, then Axl does Rockband 2 and its a visionary and exciting way to launch his new album.

I could go on...but I agree its pointless to argue....over it...there are detractors of Axl and Slash alike...some justified after bad decisions they've made but much of it just  because people want to play "team sports" with their heros and seem to identify with one by bashing the other. All i'm saying is that I don't subscribe to the "poor axl hunted by the fans" thing you seem to be saying above...as the fact he controls HTGTH and most other forums alone show it isn't the case.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe Slash doesn't really know what went down.  I bet he think we are talking about the guy that actually leaked the songs to Skrewl.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure how the hell there are so many Axl supporters left; and I'm even more amazed at how he essentially talks shit on them all and they still act as though every second song he does is Bohemian Rhapsody. I respect Axl's music, but as a person that guy has more screws loose than damned near anyone.

I think Slash as a whole has no right to be talking shit on anyone else breaking the law. It's kind of like he said in his book, "Steven Adler was kicked out of GNR for drugs? Are you kidding me?!" That's what I would think of when I'd hear Slash lecturing anyone (he even stole candy during the UYI tour, and surely he had enough money then). But it's fair to give him some dues, I think his main issue was having the songs out before the album was even announced. But, those things happen when your album should have been out, at the latest, 2001. "You can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me", basically. It's like that with nearly everyone, so I don't hold it against him too much.

But, the sins Slash has committed have been beaten tenfold by Axl Rose, and I don't get why the hell people are divided on Guns N Roses of all bands. And the anti-Slash people are so confusing because in terms of Axl and Slash, even if you hate Slash, there's no way you can look down on him more than Axl. If you hate Slash because he kicked you dog, well, all right. But people calling him a sell-out or saying he never exits his "comfort zone" come across as crazy as Axl himself. Based on most of their accounts, if he did leave his comfort zone it'd be selling out, and if he stayed in this "comfort zone", he's just a hack playing the same rock tunes over and over because there's nothing more to accomplish in Rock N Roll music, apparently, unless you play over phony drum tracks? True artists play what they want to play, not what you, me or anyone else expects them to play.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't discriminate. I think they're both dumbfucks.

Board footer