You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: A Message From Ron That Really Is An Eye Opener

James wrote:

Also, Ron is the most fan friendly person to EVER be in GNR. He actually comes to the community, reads some of the stuff, and as you guys know, will come have a chat. Everyone knows I am a hardcore BH supporter and not the most impressed guy in the world when it comes to how Ron interprets the new songs(although you do a stellar Nightrain outro), but I do have a lot of respect for the guy.

TheMole wrote:

Ugh, this is really getting out of hand. Sure, he has a point, but the fact that the fan-base acts like this says more about them than it does about us. No point being all arrogant about it, just face the fact that your band is a PR nightmare and live with it.

This has nothing to do with GNR promotion, it has all to do with someone starting a thread about how Axl yet again is a nightmare of a person that won't let his band talk to him.  How exactly is this getting out of hand,  if I were Ron who does go out of his way to communicate with the fans beit about GNR or not, he has the right to defend not only his statement but Axl as well that does get a tremendous amount of shit from the community and because people are pissed at the situation some are more apt to go with it and say yeah that Axl what a prick, then not.   From what I have seen over the years what's gotten out of hand is that Axl gets a bad wrap on shit that has nothing even remotely to do with him such as this example.

We don't know what the deal is behind the scenes about the obvious and it's Axl's choice not to say a word about it so be it but this is merely not to add more shit to the already large amount of assumptions out there about Axl and how he is a terrible person.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

Axl gets so much undeserved shit from the media and fans.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to disagree. I'd say the majority of shit Axl receives from his fans and the media is more than well deserved.

What DTJ just said was pretty much what I meant to say. 

I certainly didn't mean to come off as saying that Axl does no wrong.  What I'm talking about is the little stuff, and this incident is a perfect example.  BBF answered a mail from Del and tacked on a message for Axl, something anyone of us might do rather than writing and sending a seperate message.  But this was blown out of proportion and turned into "Axl's such a dick that his own band members can't contact him directly."

It's that kind of thing - taking something out-of-context, or without knowing all the facts and negatively speculating on Axl's character that I think is unfair and undeserved.  BBF cleared up the facts while using his sense of humor to point out how absurd these conspiracy theories are.  I personally thought that was cool.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I'm glad to see this get cleared up.  Otherwise it could have turned into a five page debate.  Just one question though, who contacted who?  Did BBF see the original post made last night and respond to it?  Or did you send him an email?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He read the thread and then sent the email.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Add BBF to the list of current/recent employees I feel sorry for.  He deserves better than this.  Hopefully he can use this as a springboard to get his solo stuff out to the masses.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw wrote:

Add BBF to the list of current/recent employees I feel sorry for.  He deserves better than this.  Hopefully he can use this as a springboard to get his solo stuff out to the masses.

Why do you feel sorry for him?  No one is holding a gun to his head to be in GNR.

I am thankful that I do know who he is now and have 2 of his albums and this directly because of him being in GNR because I never heard of him before that.  I am sure that BBF doesn't need a springboard and was doing just fine on his own before this but with that said, it sure hasn't hurt that he in GNR.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Why do you feel sorry for him?  No one is holding a gun to his head to be in GNR.

No, but that doesn't mean it's a good situation.  Here's another guy added to the list of guys that wasted their prime years waiting.  Fortunately for him, he's wasted less time than someone like Finck who basically wasted his career away.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Fortunately for him, he's wasted less time than someone like Finck who basically wasted his career away.

we don't know that its been a waste....that's just an assumption.....and why would they give a shit in anycase? if they are employees, then they will get a salary for their work.....its a job, like any other....whether the album comes out or not why should they care....?...they all have the freedom to do their own shit....and most of them do....

they actually have really good lives....

Board footer