You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: Will you still buy CD?

Acquiesce wrote:

I completely understand where Bono is coming from which is why I have thought about boycotting this album. The band gets away with their utter disdain for the fans because they know the hardcores are going to flock to their local record store no matter what they do. They really have no reason to be a fan friendly band because they already have us in the palm of their hands. We bitch and moan all we like but each of us is good for a least one copy each. Maybe if more of us shared Bono's attitude they'd start to appreciate the fan base.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I never said anyone should steal from them. I agree if someone wants to send a message the best way is not to support them at all.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Faldor.  don't give me that statement when I can redirect you to the statement Axl made of the tentative release date where he said we would be informed if the album was further delayed.  Axl has dug his own grave and now he must get out of it.

My only point is we don't know the half of it.  We know close to nothing.  We may think we know anything and everything about the situation.  We may think there's absolutely no reason why the album shouldn't be out by now, why we shouldn't have been informed on the progress or lack thereof, why we aren't given a rundown on Axl's daily routine through his own blog, why Axl doesn't babysit or house sit for the fans.  We really don't know what's going on or what has gone on behind the scenes.  You can speculate all you want and come to your own conclusions, but there are 2 sides to every story and I'm thinking those that are actually involved with the making of the album know the truth while the rest of us are just guessing.

That's all.

Faldor I can see you would defend Axl till we're all blue in the face and I can respect that.  But my point is don't say you will update the fans if the record is delayed if you don't plan on doing so.  If he can't update us then a simple 'We can't comment right now' would be nice.  And don't fucking lie even on MTV saying the albm will be out 'this year' and then nothing.  Axl has lied, has cried wolf so many times that now I will not believe him.  IF he ever decides to release the album.  Only way I'll believe it now is when I see it in a record store.  And since I don't have a Best Buy in my area then I won't see it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I know you don't want me to refer to Axl's open letter, but he talks about the reason for the lack of updates.  I know, I know, he promised updates if there were any problems, I get that.  But again,

"For much of the time, various legal issues have arisen, demanding that the best way to deal with these things publicly, quite frankly, was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome -- especially one that wouldn't jeopardize the band or the album."

I can totally see your side of things and why so many people are pissed at Axl's actions or lack thereof over the years, but I can't emphasize enough that we don't know what's going on or what has gone on behind closed doors.  Maybe there's a reason we've been kept in the dark, I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows.  As for Axl giving hints like, "you will hear music this year".  Maybe he was just stringing us along with no intention of releasing anything, it's possible.  I'd like to think though that it's also possible that he had every intention of getting this thing out YEARS ago, but for reasons unknown to us, that hasn't happened.  I guess he could've given a "No comment" type of statement, but do you really think that would've made anyone any happier?  Axl has turned a lot of people off over the years and I don't think there's any winning them back.  That's their right, if people feel hurt or offended by Axl Rose, then so be it.  I don't share that view.  Apparently I'm a lot more forgiving than lots of people.  I've enjoyed GNR for about 16 years now, and that will continue whether we get a new album or not.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'll buy it, but here's the catch: they have to actually release the fucking thing for me to be able to buy it.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:

I know you don't want me to refer to Axl's open letter, but he talks about the reason for the lack of updates.  I know, I know, he promised updates if there were any problems, I get that.  But again,

"For much of the time, various legal issues have arisen, demanding that the best way to deal with these things publicly, quite frankly, was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome -- especially one that wouldn't jeopardize the band or the album."

I can totally see your side of things and why so many people are pissed at Axl's actions or lack thereof over the years, but I can't emphasize enough that we don't know what's going on or what has gone on behind closed doors.  Maybe there's a reason we've been kept in the dark, I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows.  As for Axl giving hints like, "you will hear music this year".  Maybe he was just stringing us along with no intention of releasing anything, it's possible.  I'd like to think though that it's also possible that he had every intention of getting this thing out YEARS ago, but for reasons unknown to us, that hasn't happened.  I guess he could've given a "No comment" type of statement, but do you really think that would've made anyone any happier?  Axl has turned a lot of people off over the years and I don't think there's any winning them back.  That's their right, if people feel hurt or offended by Axl Rose, then so be it.  I don't share that view.  Apparently I'm a lot more forgiving than lots of people.  I've enjoyed GNR for about 16 years now, and that will continue whether we get a new album or not.

You're free to refer to that letter Faldor.  It's called freedomo of speech.  *lol*  Let's just agree to disagree cause we'll debate till we're both blue in the face.  *lol*  I can appreciate your point of view but I don't agree with it.  Just so we're clear.  I wanna root for Axl.  Even in this lawsuit with Skwerl, I wanna root for Axl.  But I don't cause the material leaked is something we will NEVER get to hear otherwise.  If Axl had announced a release date and actually stuck to it I'd have a different stance.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

hell yeah i'll still buy the album! and who cares about that douche that got arrested? he broke the law. lots of people that do get police guns pointed at them. oh well!:drool:

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

i definitely wont buy the album unless axl releases a statement saying he had nothing to do with this charade.....yeah, when pigs fly, hehe.

so no, i will download it in WAV files, copy it, etc etc. It won't make any difference to the situation, i know, however, i dont want to give money to corporate prostitute behaviour. then im a thief in peoples eyes, so what.

axl did far worse things in his life, all admitted in interviews, yet he wants a guy arrested under gunpoint and thrown in jail with murderers, because he leaked songs which were originally leaked by someone close to axl?

fuk dat razzia style BS.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer