You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Will you still buy CD?

gnfnraxl wrote:

Skwerl has spoken about his release on www.antiquiet.com he says he was arrested at gunpoint.  Being one that fully believes that GNR supported this and were behind this arrest.  I think this is very excessive for the FBI to arrest this guy at gunpoint or even arresting him.  Don't they have terrorists to catch?  Anyways after reading this I find myself NOT wanting to buy this album anymore because of this.  What about you guys?  Will you buy CD anyways?

Sky Dog wrote:

yes

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I said I wouldn't buy it if Bucket was removed, and he's been partially removed.

I hate exclusives, and it looks like the album will be exclusive to a specific store.

The FBI thing was idiotic and a slap in the face to hardcore fans.

I run a GNR site.

Of course I'm buying it. I may bitch from the highest mountain sometimes, but there's very few artists that I will support 100% when it comes to releasing new music. GNR is one of them.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Interesting.  So this latest arrest thing won't hurt sales after all or will hurt vey little.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It'll hurt sales if the story gets bigger. So far it seems to have been contained a bit. If this goes to trial and the media jumps all over it, its Metallica/Napster all over again.

I think the judge will throw it out of court.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think it will help sales. the majority of the fans that are left are gonna buy the album either way. some new fans will also be acquired that are gonna look into cd when they hear about the arrest.

i think the judge will throw it out as well. if he doesn't gnr could gain more press by showing their support for the guy.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

I think the arrest at gunpoint was incredibly over the top and bizarre, especially considering how the guy went in when called before and claims that he told the agent in charge that he'd go in again if summoned.

Putting on a show, I guess. hmm

But, I feel exactly the same as James:

James Lofton wrote:

Of course I'm buying it. I may bitch from the highest mountain sometimes, but there's very few artists that I will support 100% when it comes to releasing new music. GNR is one of them.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yep i'll be buying it whenever they decide to release the damned thing 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Skwerl has spoken about his release on www.antiquiet.com he says he was arrested at gunpoint.  Being one that fully believes that GNR supported this and were behind this arrest.  I think this is very excessive for the FBI to arrest this guy at gunpoint or even arresting him.  Don't they have terrorists to catch?  Anyways after reading this I find myself NOT wanting to buy this album anymore because of this.  What about you guys?  Will you buy CD anyways?

Not calling the guy a liar, but is it possible he's trying to gain some sympathy from the public with this story?  I find it hard to believe the FBI would storm into his place with guns drawn with the nature of his crime.  The story sounds a bit one sided and embellished.  And you're damn straight I'll still buy the album.  GNR could arrest ME for downloading the leaks and I'd still probably buy the albums.  (Just kidding GNR, please don't arrest me, I don't wanna test that theory).

Board footer