You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: 2008 NFL season

NY Giants82 wrote:

Whew! What a win by the Giants! Over 300 yards rushing! Unbelievable, helluva a game. I was a little worried about our D in the 1st half, but they stepped up in the 2nd half and made stops when they had to.

What the hell happened to the Eagles? For the life of me, I'll never understand why they dont ride Westbrook into the ground. They win every time they do that. Terrible way to lose, being stopped at the half yard line. Goes back to what I say about NFC East games... they are ALWAYS dog fights.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

next week is huge! holy shit

I pray that the jets beat miami (in jersey) and that NE wins in Buffalo

also my eyes will be glued to that denver/SD game....i'm pulling for the bolts!

I'd love for the bucks to come out as #6 in the NFC..and the vikings as the NFC north champs

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I know I want to see the Pats miss the playoffs, especially if it was because of a loss to the Bills (Pats will win though). I think I'll even pull for Miami because I hate the Jets bandwagon riders when they're really not that good of a team, and the Favre praise is crazy. He's had an average season. 3rd best starting QB in the division (Pennington and Cassel having had better seasons).

And go San Diego! It's a shame Rivers missed the Pro Bowl just because SD had a losing record, and a playoff berth would be nice revenge for that. Also last time the Broncs beat SD it was total bullshit.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah favre leads the league in interceptions @ 19 ...his QB rating is below the league average as well

still he's done better than anyone wouldve guessed, but he blew it yesterday

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP)—Add this to the growing list of Plaxico Burress’ problems: getting in a car crash and not having insurance on his nearly $140,000 Mercedes-Benz.

The suspended New York Giants wide receiver was sued last week in Florida’s Broward County Circuit Court for rear-ending a woman in May.

Compounding the Super Bowl star’s defense, according to a document provided by the woman’s attorney, is the fact his car insurance lapsed three days before the crash. A letter from Allstate says Burress neglected to pay his premiums.

Burress’ attorney, Adam Swickle, declined comment.

Burress is still serving a team suspension for shooting himself Nov. 29 in a nightclub with an illegally carried handgun. Burress shot himself at the Latin Quarter when he accidentally pulled the trigger on the .40-caliber Glock that was in his pants after fumbling a drink.

Teammate Antonio Pierce took the 31-year-old who caught the winning pass in the Super Bowl to New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center for treatment.

Burress pleaded not guilty and was released on $100,000 bail. He is due back in court March 31.

He was placed on the team’s suspended/non-football injury list, and the NFL Players Association filed a grievance. The union said the Giants violated the collective bargaining agreement when they placed Burress on that list, suspended him for the final four games of the regular season and fined him an additional week’s salary for conduct detrimental to the team.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Playoff Picture into Week 17, i think this is right

AFC

1. Tennessee Titans
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
3. Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots or New York Jets
4. Denver Broncos or San Diego Chargers
5. Indianapolis Colts
6. Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots or New York Jets

NFC

1. New York Giants
2. Carolina Panthers or Atlanta Falcons
3. Minnesota Vikings or Chicago Bears
4. Arizona Cardinals
5. Atlanta Falcons or Carolina Panthers
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears or Philadelphia Eagles

Games that mean something on Sunday, Dec 28, Week 17

NE @ Buf - 1:00
Car @ NO - 1:00
StL @ Atl - 1:00
NYG @ Min - 1:00
Chi @ Hou - 1:00
Oak @ TB - 1:00
Dal @ Phi - 4:15
Mia @ NYJ - 4:15
Jax @ Bal - 4:15
Den @ SD - 8:15

Though depending on the outcome of the Oak/TB or Chi/Hou games the dala/Phi game might not mean anything..but man 12 teams still jockeying for position thats pretty crazy!

Sky Dog wrote:

Go Falcons and Cowboys......and Saints!

Sky Dog wrote:

so I got the Falcons going and they stop the Rams to win. Glance at the corner of the screen and Carolina is down by one with 6 seconds left. Carolina scores with one second left to kill our number two seed. Fuck. Oh well, Falcons fans are just happy to be in the playoffs.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Fucking Bears. 4 17 Couldn't even beat the damn Texans. I think I can now say the window for the Bears is now officially closed.

Something has to be done about the Lions. They have been a shit stain for decades, but an 0-16 record shows that its time for desperate measures. The team needs to be revamped from top to bottom, and I don't think the NFL should rule out moving them(Los Angeles?) or changing their name.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Something has to be done about the Lions. They have been a shit stain for decades, but an 0-16 record shows that its time for desperate measures. The team needs to be revamped from top to bottom, and I don't think the NFL should rule out moving them(Los Angeles?) or changing their name.

I can't remember who it was, but someone on one of the pregame shows a couple weeks ago when answering the question "What do the Lions need to do to turn things around?" replied:

"You start at the front gate of the complex, and you fire the security guard, then you work your way up from there.  They need to completely clean house."

I laughed, but it's pretty accurate.

Board footer