You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: Death Magnetic inspiring & bringing out competitive edge in GN'R

i don't give a shit what the songs about. the point is the lyrics are terrible, the song could be about child molestation or something equally as delicate, doesn't mean i am required to respect it solely because the song is about a controversial topic. and if it is about domestic violence, than the accompanying video, which takes place in iraq, is undeniably out of place(i am not saying it isn't about domestic violence, the laughable lyrics certainly indicate that). the song possesses some of the worst lyrics i HAVE EVER SEEN. metallica fanboys continue to cry all you want, doesn't change the fact that its an atrocious song.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

i don't give a shit what the songs about. the point is the lyrics are terrible, the song could be about child molestation or something equally as delicate, doesn't mean i am required to respect it solely because the song is about a controversial topic. and if it is about domestic violence, than the accompanying video, which takes place in iraq, is undeniably out of place(i am not saying it isn't about domestic violence, the laughable lyrics certainly indicate that). the song possesses some of the worst lyrics i HAVE EVER SEEN. metallica fanboys continue to cry all you want, doesn't change the fact that its an atrocious song.

I find your post offensive in so many ways.  You don't have to like the song but saying you don't give a shit if it is about child molestation or domestic abuse is wrong.  Having worked with children vicitim of abuse.  You have no idea (I have a no idea as well) at how much it can destroy someone's life.  And if that is the worst lyrics you've ever seen then you need to listen to more music.  I've heard 10 times worst.  And no I ain't a Metallica fanboy.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

that post isn't offensive.  saying he doesn't like a song and doesn't care what it is about is a fair statement by any definition of the word "fair".

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

Any song's lyrics are terrible if you don't see what they're about. If you don't see what they're about and how they fit together no song makes sense. Please keep that in mind before you go on lyric bashing sprees.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

sorry captain
i guess you are not allowed to have an opinion without criticism, lecturing, and whining.

fyi to the people that don't get it:

for the most part, the lyrics in every song written have some sort of meaning to the artist. since the music is for sale and freedom of speech and opinion prevales there is nothing wrong with not liking the lyrics to whatever you hear and communicating those thoughts to others, especially on a forum that deals in music.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
war wrote:

sorry captain
i guess you are not allowed to have an opinion without criticism, lecturing, and whining.

fyi to the people that don't get it:

for the most part, the lyrics in every song written have some sort of meaning to the artist. since the music is for sale and freedom of speech and opinion prevales there is nothing wrong with not liking the lyrics to whatever you hear and communicating those thoughts to others, especially on a forum that deals in music.

He is allowed his opinion war.  Like I said he doesn't have to like the song.  But the way he says it is like he doesn't give a rats ass what the writer of the song went through (is it Hetfield?)  But agree with you he doesn't have to like the song.  Also he doesn't have to call Metallica fans fanboys.  I'm a Metallica fan a GNR fan and a fan of many other artists.  I've always respected others who may not like those other artists.  No hard feelings on captain.  Just the way I interpret the post (which could be in a wrong way)

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

people didnt seem to care about wieland's feelings on that tape worm abortion tongue

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

No need to Russ.  We can discuss Death Magnetic or you can all discuss Death Magnetic.  I'll do it when I get that album on Friday.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer