You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Slash talks about Chinese Democracy and Axl !

Stepvhen wrote:

From chidem.com

I heard from Vanity Fair Germany today:

Dear Sean, just to let you know: Vanity Fair Germany did an interview with Slash yesterday. He talks about "Chinese Democracy":

VF.DE:
    What do you think 'Chinese democracy' - the album your former colleague Axl Rose has been working on for ten years now - will sound like?

Slash:
    To tell you the truth: I already listened to it. At first I thought that I would never listen to it until it's released, but someone handed it to me and I was in my car and I was like 'Okay, let's give it a try.' So I listened to it: It's a really good record. It's very different from what the original Guns'n'Roses sounded like, but it's a great statement by Axl. Now you understand where he was heading all this time. It's a record that the original Guns N'Roses could never possibly make. And at the same time it just shows you how brilliant Axl is. So it was a relief for me to actually hear it.

You can find the full interview here: www.vanityfair.de/articles/kultur/musik-cd/interview/1987/07/21/1/11196/

He also comments on the leaks:

VF.DE:
    Many of the songs already leaked to the internet and a blogger was arrested by the FBI recently, because he published the material on his website'¦
Slash:
    All the Napster stuff and all these people who talk about illegal file sharing killing the record business and taking money out of the artists' pockets! It may be true. But Napster was just a reaction to the record business not catching up with the development of the internet. Napster was inevitable. But when somebody takes somebody's work and releases it prematurely just to become famous, it's an incredibly selfish and criminal thing to do. A record is a piece of art. And it shouldn't be released until the creator decides to release it - and I don't care how long it took to make it.

VF.DE:
    Do you use the internet yourself?
Slash:
    I'm an old school guy. I only got a laptop within the last five years - and I hate it. The only new piece of technology I use on a regular basis is my Blackberry. I became addicted to it. No wonder it's often called 'Crackberry'.

VF.DE Link www.vanityfair.de/articles/kultur/musik-cd/interview/1987/07/21/1/11196/

CD.com link http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/g … 561.0.html

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

He just got a copy? Come on. He probably just got the demo stuff. Weird how he can't seem to put two and two togheter and see that it's the demo's he got. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong but why on Earth would somebody just hand Slash a fucking copy of that album to play in his car??

Funny, a friend of mine quit a band he had been in for over 20 years. When they got a new singer and released a new album he just stayed out of it. It was like walking in on your ex wife doing her new husband or something he said. He just stayed away from listening to it. Slash is a weird guy.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Its funny how Slash has this opinion of this guy giving out unreleased music, yet he`s been handed a cd full of unreleased songs, and listened to them, and yet fails to report the guy who gave him it.... his guy is the same as our guy as far as wrong doings go....

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

mickronson wrote:

Its funny how Slash has this opinion of this guy giving out unreleased music, yet he`s been handed a cd full of unreleased songs, and listened to them, and yet fails to report the guy who gave him it.... his guy is the same as our guy as far as wrong doings go....

Guy's, keep in mind, him and Axl run in the same circle of friends.  Marc Canter, Reckless Road, is great friends with him and Axl.  Izzy is a liazon between the two, along with multiple studio hands, techs, road crew folks, etc.  Moreover, also keep in mind, due to the business aspect of the past bands catalog, etc., they have to stay in touch, and most likely have a monthly dialog, albeit between middle-men, to check the state of the busines. 

Remember, Jagger and Richard, and Perry and Tyler all talk about how when they were broken up, and not supposed to be talking, they would have late night conversations, and keep it to themselves--so when they did reunite, they could act like it just came about, with some compelling story.  I am sure they have corresponded quite a bit, and far more than anyone would imagine--they aren't going to tell anyone about it, but I would bet my life they are in contact.  They will reunite, it's just a matter of when.  I would be it's 2009!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Doesn't matter. The stuff is not released and Slash is not making less of a crime than any of us when he blasts in it his car and speaks of it later.  He got it from someone and that someone is JUST as a bit of a "criminal" as Skwerl. Slash is totally contradicting himself.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
DCK wrote:

Doesn't matter. The stuff is not released and Slash is not making less of a crime than any of us when he blasts in it his car and speaks of it later.  He got it from someone and that someone is JUST as a bit of a "criminal" as Skwerl. Slash is totally contradicting himself.

Bullshit... He never condemed listening to the leaks!!!! Just posting them publicly

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

well i guess thats a case of shoot the dealer not the addict.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Are you serious? Do you honestly think GNR/Azoff/Universal/the RIAA are going to be bothered by someone giving a copy to a well-respected musician who was once a prominent member of the band? It's not even close to being the same thing that Skwerl did.

It's like some people have to invent new ways to criticize Slash. roll

mickronson

mickronson wrote:

i like Slash...as it happens. im just pointing out the 2 faced hyprocrisy  of the whole thing.
dont bitch about some guy leaking when you have a cd in your hands of the same leaked tracks....thats probably from the same guy that leaked to begin with...   Slash is an EX member btw.  you think axl or anyone to do with him gave him a cd.. no

Board footer